Breaking Ground

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by strunk, Dec 12, 2011.

1. strunk

strunk Monkey+

I just discovered the blog feature of this forum. I'm not sure if this is well-used yet, but I intend to poke around and see if people here are actually aware of this part of the system and if the blogs are being read & responded to. If so, I may be making contributions to this section myself.

I've only been on the forum a short time. Most people have been quite fine people to talk to, with one notable exception. It seems like every survivalist community has an alpha survivalist who has to rudely assert dominance over all he surveys. Well it didn't take me long to find the resident alpha survivalist here. Thankfully, it also didn't take me long to find the ignore function so I don't have to hear it anymore. Life goes on.

My hens gave me five eggs yesterday. I was surprised to find a "first egg". My barred rock hen (I only have one of those) gave me her first egg yesterday morning and I had it for breakfast this morning. It's good to have one more hen laying. Now if my buff orpington would catch up with the rest of the girls...

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Yes, they get used occasionally. I think we have something like 250 blog entries in here. You can see them all here.

FOr the most part, the regulars at survivalmonkey.com are a very helpful bunch. We have our annual attitude alignment thread to make sure we all stay focused on helping others while helping ourselves. You can read the latest here: http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/general-discussion/27505-original-intent-forum.html

I don't update mine regularlly but here it is: Survival Monkey Forums - of mice and men

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

There's an alphabet of survivalists and survivalist philosophies represented at this site...from alpha to omega...I don't get hung up on what letter they are...if their views are sound, I'll read and listen...if not...I use my judgement accordingly. I have learned useful things from some here that I would not particularly wish to associate with, but personal dislikes and prejudices don't prevent me from being civil (most of the time) and acknowledging the things of value that they do share with us all.

I miss my chooks and the eggs they lay...in time, I'll get myself another flock.

4. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Thanks, Chelloveck, for your usual rational, moderate and accepting attitude to our fellow Simians. As many have said before, it takes all kinds to make a world. If we were all the same in our opinions and actions, what a peaceful but thoroughly boring place it would be! I have to say however that when occasionally hostility, rudeness and aggression do occur I find it a bit upsetting. I try to keep in mind that when you get a community of thousands of people interacting (thank goodness, not all at once or we would be in trouble, lol) you are bound to have friction occasionally. Overall I think we are a remarkably "civilized" lot!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7