Buck 632 Review

Discussion in 'Blades' started by GrayGhost, Jul 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

I love knives. And I have a problem...or so says the wife. And I got another a while back. This has been my daily carry for about the last 6 months.

As she sits:
    20180729_171120.

My measured specs:
    5/16" x 4 5/8" blade
    9 3/8" OA
    420HC
    Micarta slabs
    Ambidextrous sheath w/adjustable retention screw

First off, this seems to be a wallyworld only item; price of admission: ~$36. Made in the USA, and stamped as such. I opened the clamshell to find a hair-poppingly sharp knife. Not butter smooth on this one, but Buck knows how to get it done.

Daily, it'll go from steak to cardboard, and everything in between. A couple of strokes on the diamond hone every now and again, and you're good to go. The slabs offer good purchase...I know this because I work in a wet environment. And with a XXL glove size, it fits well, also. Not to say it's big, but it's very comfortable in the hand.

The sheath can be up for debate...everyone has a preference. It locks positively, and has a thumb/ finger pad on each side to use as leverage as you grip the full tang blade and pull. Most of my fixed blade knives I prefer to carry as a dangler, and fashioned it as such with a split key ring, a piece of boot leather, and a couple of snaps. It carries very well like this.

All in all...made in the USA, and under $40, this is a no-brainer. Use it, and the lifetime warranty if need be, but you won't be disappointed.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Bandit99, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 4 others like this.
  2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Added to the fold recently...ok, well...maybe I'd do have a problem...

20180729_183653.

And my kids are following suit...

More reviews to come, as time allows these days.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

You can never have enough knives.
    I could willing purchase a gun or refuse one.
    But let the right knife walk by and she's mine!

4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

I have my Pops to thank for that one....man I love a good blade!

Knives are what brought me to this site...@Bear, @Valkman, others. Well, good stuff!

Brokor and HK_User like this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@GrayGhost
    Not much into knives, but that one's (632) a looker. Figured until I read your post that it would be well over $100.
    Under $40 it's becoming irresistible. You're making me spend money - it's all your fault.
    Do you have a link, or is it a store-only item? Looked it up and the only ones they show that are even close are the Buck 119. Had one of those for about 30 years, still do.

GrayGhost likes this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

STGThndr and GrayGhost like this.
  7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

As far as I can tell, it's store item only. It's not even on Bucks website.

8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Brokor likes this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

It looks a lot like the Emerson 'Government Mule' that I have had my eye on but can't justify the $275 price tag. I really need to take the time to go down to the Buck Factory store and look around as they make good knives that are reasonably priced.

Gator 45/70, GrayGhost and Brokor like this.
  10. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Years ago, I got the opportunity to have a full factory tour when they had the plant in El Cajon, CA. Awesome experience! Always have been a fan of theirs. When I was there, I purchased a Buck 110 finger groove folderived for $12. Still have it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

This knife in the OP isn't available on Amazon. But I did order a new Buck #110 folding Hunter. Never had one before, as my old Buck #317 I bought in 1975 has served me well. Bought in senior year of high school, carried in ten years of USAF & USN, carried it around the world. Still works great, though a bit worn.

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

[winkthumb]
    Good choice, there!

HK_User likes this.
  13. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I keep a few Buck knives around. Excellent quality for the money spent.

STGThndr and HK_User like this.
  14. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have made a point to do this and plan my visit on the 13 and/or 14 August as wife will be gone for a few days and will do a few things that I want to do on my own. I am also going to go to the Alien Gear factory and check out their holsters as it is just down the street from Buck. I am still searching for a holster that I like, got a box full that just don't work for me, and many here has praised Alien Gear so...so that's the plan.

Brokor, HK_User and GrayGhost like this.
  15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Hopefully you get the grand tour...awesome experience!

HK_User likes this.
  16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Got my new Buck #110 Folding Hunter. Gorgeous knife, sharp enough to shave hair, hefty and strong. Nice fit of scales to bolsters. A very nice knife, American made.
    Nice way to spend forty bucks. In 1976, they sold for thirtyfive bucks, so not much increase over the decades.

GrayGhost, HK_User and Brokor like this.
  17. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

It is a clssic...money well spent!

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  1. SB21
  2. Seawolf1090
  3. Oddcaliber
  4. Jsharp865
  5. timberwolf50
  6. stg58
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7