Bucket Stove

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 5, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I went to a First Assembly of God as a child and our equivalent was the Royal Rangers. Ever go snipe hunting? [lolol]

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

In addition to buckets, you can use a wide variety of containers may be used.

[​IMG]
    older mail boxes

[​IMG]
    ammo boxes of all sizes

[​IMG]
    classic tin can stove

All inexpensive enough to play around with

Witch Doctor 01 and chelloveck like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Some different Youtube clips.....

Bonus points for hip music....

Witch Doctor 01 and Ganado like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's doable....but the plastic bucket and PVC pipe, are just used as form work....

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Exactly what I was thinking. It also has the advantage of being nearly smokeless, has a tiny light signature, and I'm not likely to cut myself on the sharp edges and have to worry about infection. You can snuff a Dakota Fire Hole quickly and other than the disturbed ground, you leave little trace. Nothing to carry, and with a little practice, the digging depth, optimal hole angles and direction with relation to the prevailing wind will be an easy task.

Ganado likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The steel mailbox appears t be the better option giving you a much sturdier framework to deal with and a container to haul with you.
    It would certainly give you a door that will put the fire in "slow mode ,smolder " so you could maintain it while hiking.. Indians did the same thing, wrapping the coals in tightly bound green leaves to slow the burning while on the trail .

1. JC Refuge
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. ColtCarbine
  5. DKR
  6. DKR
  7. Hillbilly549
  8. deMolay
  9. Hillbilly549
  10. Motomom34
  11. DKR
  12. DKR