Burying Stuff

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, May 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Just like my food storage I use O2 absorbers , that way even if there is a leak it makes the difference secondarily one could seal the box with silicone glue and that would seal it good . Plastic ammo boxes would be impervious to water and along with silicone glue lock it up good .
    Face it , if you found your can, breaking it is not an issue .
    If some one else finds the can they are not going to hesitate in breaking it.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. W.B. is correct. You want positive pressure in your cached containers. You don't want to help mother nature. One idea I saw years ago in the original A.S.G. was to cover your containers in fibre glass and resin,. 'course you need an opener.

Meat, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I go with the pvc tubes . Vacuum sealed bags work . And as Natshare said , a decent wire saw will open it up in pretty quick time .

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

So far as hiding stuff ,it would be prudent to have a map.
    Something happens to me I want my family to find it.

Meat, Zimmy, snake6264 and 1 other person like this.
  5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

I love caches I have used them alot in the military world and in the prepper world generally short term but I find the very diverse and useful

Meat, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Just be sure that your family knows about the map, the cache and what it contains. Don't be too coy or the map might be discarded. I am reminded of the Sherlock Holmes story," The Musgrave Ritual" in which the members of the Musgrave family have for centuries memorized a series of questions and answers...the meaning of which had been lost.

7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I saw part of the TV show Moonshiners recently and couldn't help but think, "if you don't want the revenuers to think that you are a red-neck, hillbilly moonshiner then don't look like one". I'm reminded of one of my great-uncles that always carried a mule harness with him whenever he went to the still, and if he met anyone on the way he would ask if they had seen his mule. So if you are in the woods checking on your cache have a book on birds, wildflowers, mushrooms, tracking, etc., and be prepared to bore the hell out of anyone you meet.

1. duane
  2. deMolay
  3. Oltymer
  4. T. Riley
  5. Oltymer
  6. melbo
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7