Canned Soup Expiration Your Opinions

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Feb 27, 2020.

1. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

The best way to avoid cooking odors with beans (or anything else) is to soak them overnight, boil them for five minute and put them and all the veggies and spices in a thermal cooker for 8 hours. If the heat can’t escape neither can the smell. Plus you are using fuel for only as long as it takes to come to a boil plus five minutes. I own three of these for just this reason.
    F91420BA-E1D9-4FB5-8627-2230F199DE3B.

Ganado, Seepalaces, 3cyl and 2 others like this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Also a good idea to go with the flow. If Everyone around is losing weight, getting rand down and not looking so great. It ain't going to take long for them to wonder why you are keeping weight, looking fit and hydrated and have energy. Better in yer environment to shed weight and at least act dehydrated and sickly. Good idea to soak a old coat in some rancid urine and pour some sardine juice on it for good measure. To make yerself look and smell even less appealing to the masses. You will want to smell too bad to eat, at least until they get really hungry. Remember if someone gets hungry enough they will eat their own feces..... but before they have a feces feast they will have a Ed Feast :)

SB21, john316, chelloveck and 4 others like this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    chelloveck, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I've eaten Nam era C rations in the 80's while in the Navy. Didn't kill me.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  5. john316

john316 Monkey+++

TOMATO STUFF....4 years IN GLASS..................1 YEAR IN PLASTIC........1 YEAR IN METAL CAN....TOMATO STUFF WILL ROT OUT METAL CANS

CANNED BEEF, CHICKEN, GOOD FOR 6 YEARS SO FAR

PLASTIC CONTAINER WILL CHANGE THE TASTE OF ANYTHING

Gator 45/70 and 3cyl like this.
  6. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Hot & Spicy Spam one month past the expiration date resulted in the second case of food poisoning I ever had within the U.S. (lots of overseas experience!)

It's no fun at all folks. Rotate your storage food.

chelloveck, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  7. john316

john316 Monkey+++

30APRIL2020 JUST OPENED A CAN OF spam...........with a BEST BY MAR2014...........DATE ON IT
    GREAT, JUST GREAT

6 years past
    SPAM I GOT LAST YEAR HAD A BEST BY DATE IN 2024

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

@john316, please give us a follow-up report on your health in a couple days. I've been food poisoned way too many times, usually overseas. It's not something that I take lightly now, and even if it won't kill you, it'll weaken you to the point that you are a burden to others or a danger to yourself. I've never been able to taste food that was bad. I got poisoned TWICE in the same restaurant in Okinawa, eating the same dish.

You can have all the old Spam. I'll go hungry first. Better hungry and functional than sick with fever, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Oh, did I mention that these symptoms don't happen one at a time? They all hit at once and just keep beating you down until you're dehydrated, weak and miserable.

Ganado, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yep I was hospitalised by bad Chinese food !!! Closest to death I have been (due to illness :D ) !!! Drip after drip, delirium and unable to stomach anything but the most bland of things for over a month after. Best weight loss program I was ever on !!!! Had a couple of lesser hits before and after and it is never pleasant.

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sorry to hear that Andy,But good to see ya !

11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

It’s about 29yrs ago since that event and I STILL can’t stand the thought of beef in black bean sauce !!!!!!

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7