Carhart: Body armor on the cheap????

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by AD1, May 21, 2016.

1. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

The NYPD is currently evaluating their 9mm ammunition after a knife wielding suspect’s Carthart work jacket stopped four of the nine rounds officers fired at home on Wednesday.

Armed Suspect's Carthartt Jacket Stops FOUR NYPD Bullets

Meat, monkeyananda, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That makes my favorite work pants Tactical Bib Overalls

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Cartharts stock just goes through the roof...... :)

Tully Mars, techsar and AD1 like this.
  4. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

And people wonder why I carry a .45....

5. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

The 9mm probably wasn't Carhart piercing ammo...
    And if you dip each round in bacon fat it will not only pierce Carhart it will instantly kill a Muslim.

Rancher

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just using the WRONG Bullet Lube.... No trick to fixing that.... and the NYPD is one of the most UnderGunned, Under Trained in Weapons Use, of ALL the Big City Departments.....

monkeyananda and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Wait... there is Detroit and Chicago...

I this a contest?

Rancher

monkeyananda and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Funny I have heard stories from guys who fought in Korea that the 30 carbine rounds would not go thru the winter cloths the Chinese's had. Vests use a tight weave and strong fibers to slow and stop the bullet, so as weaving and fiber improve we may want to pay attention.

9. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Any word on the size of the jacket? Popular style nowadays is a jacket 5x too large on a 120 pound, six foot tall suspect. This leaves a lot of material and plenty of space to catch a bullet without anything solid underneath.

"Work Jacket" Ha!

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I don't know about Chicago, but in Michigan, we don't go after active gang shootings. Wait until the parties have stopped shooting and then get out the chalk and the report forms.

Now if someone barricaded in a house .. yeah we'll send out swat, APCs, and open up the armory and wait em out .. ok wait until they either kill themselves or come out the front door then we get 'em.

Other than that .. stepping into hailstorm of bullets? Not going to do it. Call the union rep.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7