Carnivore Diet.... 1st Week Complete.

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Blackjack, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Well, I just finished my first week and I've lost 5 pounds! That went much better than I had hoped for. I was just hoping for a pound or two at the most.

I haven't been keeping up with the excercise part much, and I've been eating whenever I want, as much as I want, just keeping carbs under 20 net each day. In fact, I just polished off a pound of bacon and 2 eggs.

Each day I eat some vegetables. A can of asparagus or spinach usually, either one is under 10 net carbs.

On top of that I'm feeling better than I have for quite a while.

Don't get me wrong..... I really am craving some carbs. Macaroni & Cheese Spirals, Glazed Donuts, Pecan Pancakes with Maple syrup, dark chocolate ice cream, a Dr. Pepper, a mounds bar or 4.... Oh what I'd give :)

One thing I've learned so far:
    Keep some things around you can snack on and don't have to cook. Cooked ham slices, boiled eggs, cracklins, some Muenster cheese. I boil a dozen eggs at a time and then put 'em in the fridge.

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Awesome News! Congratulations on sticking to it AND the 5 lbs!!!!!!!!!

If you're sticking with the low/no carbs, watch out for peas, carrots, beets, and corn....high sugar veggies....

Again.....YAY!!!!!

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Way to go, Blackjack! That's awesome news!

Hey... wait a minute... I think I found your 5 pounds. ;)

4. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Congrats to YOU! I don't think I could handle "all of the carb counting" (personally) But hey, whatever it takes everyone to meet their goals. In just this last week I lost 5 pounds from my new job... as it's very very PHYSICAL.

My fingers are so crossed for you, & don't forget that it's all about "BEING HEALTHY & FEELING GOOD!" Keep up the good work & we are rootin' for ya! ;)

~W~

5. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

LOL Tracy! I'm sure "we all will" after the holidays... and then some! ;)

~W~

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Nice. Keep us updated!

7. Higgy

Higgy Tinkerer

With all those boiled eggs you are eating, I'm very gald we arn't sharing a duck blind right now! :)

8. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

"With all those boiled eggs you are eating, I'm very gald we arn't sharing a duck blind right now!"

LOL!

Fortunately, they don't affect me that way :)

9. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Awesome to see another Paleo Prepper! I lost 60 pounds in 2 years on my Paleo diet. I must tap your brainwaves to understand what preps you are making food wise. Awesome !!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7