1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Carnivore Diet.... 1st Week Complete.

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Blackjack, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Well, I just finished my first week and I've lost 5 pounds! That went much better than I had hoped for. I was just hoping for a pound or two at the most.

I haven't been keeping up with the excercise part much, and I've been eating whenever I want, as much as I want, just keeping carbs under 20 net each day. In fact, I just polished off a pound of bacon and 2 eggs.

Each day I eat some vegetables. A can of asparagus or spinach usually, either one is under 10 net carbs.

On top of that I'm feeling better than I have for quite a while.

Don't get me wrong..... I really am craving some carbs. Macaroni & Cheese Spirals, Glazed Donuts, Pecan Pancakes with Maple syrup, dark chocolate ice cream, a Dr. Pepper, a mounds bar or 4.... Oh what I'd give :)

One thing I've learned so far:
    Keep some things around you can snack on and don't have to cook. Cooked ham slices, boiled eggs, cracklins, some Muenster cheese. I boil a dozen eggs at a time and then put 'em in the fridge.
  2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Awesome News! Congratulations on sticking to it AND the 5 lbs!!!!!!!!!

If you're sticking with the low/no carbs, watch out for peas, carrots, beets, and corn....high sugar veggies....

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Way to go, Blackjack! That's awesome news!

Hey... wait a minute... I think I found your 5 pounds. ;)
  4. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Congrats to YOU! I don't think I could handle "all of the carb counting" (personally) But hey, whatever it takes everyone to meet their goals. In just this last week I lost 5 pounds from my new job... as it's very very PHYSICAL.

My fingers are so crossed for you, & don't forget that it's all about "BEING HEALTHY & FEELING GOOD!" Keep up the good work & we are rootin' for ya! ;)

5. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

LOL Tracy! I'm sure "we all will" after the holidays... and then some! ;)

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Nice. Keep us updated!
  7. Higgy

Higgy Tinkerer

With all those boiled eggs you are eating, I'm very gald we arn't sharing a duck blind right now! :)
  8. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

"With all those boiled eggs you are eating, I'm very gald we arn't sharing a duck blind right now!"

Fortunately, they don't affect me that way :)
  9. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Awesome to see another Paleo Prepper! I lost 60 pounds in 2 years on my Paleo diet. I must tap your brainwaves to understand what preps you are making food wise. Awesome !!!
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary