1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

carry afull size buck saw?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Tango3, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

carry a full size buck saw?

In the cold forests up here shelter and fire are a top priority, I started packing a "bucksaw" replacement blade with a couple of key rings in either end to create a full sized saw with local materials. Here's a NICE PAGE WITH DECENT pictures of the entire idea.:

2. B540glenn

B540glenn Should Be Working Founding Member

That's a good idea. It will definitely save weight and space over one of these: pic
  3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Looks like a nice aluminum number there...
  4. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I never carried a Buck Saw into the woods, I used one of those cheap Lowes or Home Depot (Japanese style) pull saws. Is a Buck Saw better (more versatile) than a pull saw?

The ones I have are double edged, and have a much more agressive saw tooth pattern to them than the picture above. I wouldn't doubt that the buck saw is much faster in a cut than the pull saw.
    pull saw.
  5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

They make quick work of logs/branches /trees very agressive.
  6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Here ( google's amazing ) he's demonstrating it at 4:50 . these are the "cats ass" for limbs or fire wood.;)

YouTube- bushcraft BUCKSAW
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary