Certifications & Knowledge

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TailorMadeHell, Jul 5, 2006.

1. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Okay, I am thinking ahead for the moment and I need a little help. Can some people list what certifications they have or lessons they have taken? I am trying to get a grasp on what I should take and need some examples.

As of today, I have nothing. I have a basic concept, very basic, of CPR, First Aid, and Marksmanship. I have no survival training. I will have to undergo a lot of training if I am to move further away from the Sheeple knowledge and closer to the Survivalist mentality. Thanks ahead for all replies.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

you might check out the FEMA site. They have a lot of informaiton about emergency preparedness training: http://www.fema.gov/about/training/index.shtm

Locally, check with your fire department. They often have first aid or CERT classes to offer.

For firearms safety and training; check with a local gun club or firing range. Police departments and gun clubs often have Firearms Familiarity through Marksmanship classes available.

3. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Okay, here is what I can gather that I should go through in order to have a good base. I should get certified in First-Aid including minor Medic techniques, CPR, and a few others. I should take up some kind of gun-smithing class. Enough classes to be a Firearms Safety Instructor. Basic Veterinary, Basic Chemical as to not mix bad chemicals and figure out homemade remedies, Survival Training for wilderness tactics, and anything having to do with hunting as tracking, stalking, etc. Does that sound like a good plan? If there is something to add, just slap it on here and I'll get into it. Thanks.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Along with basic firearms skills it is always a good idea to get some instruction on tactics and legal issues regarding the use of firearms. Places like Front Sight, Thunder Ranch and a lot of others provide a lot of hands on instruction. Basic trapping and farming tools are handy also.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7