Changes...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Witch Doctor 01, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

this past week i was fortunate enoiugh to look at some new photo recon shots fot the area of the county i live in... i discovered some interesting things...

• the last hurricane made one section of themp that i have to transverse almost impassable...
    • The swamp is no longer as shallow as it was due to some logging in the area changing the runoff patterns...
    • land that would have been easy to cross pastureland is being disced for farm land...
    • new development (single wide trailers)
    over all in the past 10 months my original Bug out plans have taken a beating... we need to refine our escape/bug out plans on a regular basis... currently instead of a day long 15 mile hike i will be treated to a two to three day hike... I will also need to add some items like a small inner tube and 2 cans of inflata a spare to get me through the swamps if i can't go around them..

double check yo9ur routes especially following any natural disaster( Hurricane , tornado, flood,) or for development/logging as both May effect your current plans...

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Thus is revealed the need for continuous upgrading based on continuous alertness to physical changes to the landscape as well as political and economic conditions.

Good point, WD. [bow]

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Staying dry is important; any thoughts on how?

4. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I think i'll get wet regardles of what i do... I'll look at water shoes and a set of nylon pants that will dry fast... and a water proof bag to store all of my other goodies (BOB) in to move them across water... then once across a means to dry off warm up if necessary and head out...

Sapper John likes this.
  5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Well after last year and starting this year well all be struck here in Alabama.

6. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Come spend a few weeks at my cabin during the rainy season or a hurricane,I promise you that your water skills will improve by leaps and bounds,but of course you already know that from personal experience...(y)

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7