Cheap range finder for a BOB

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Witch Doctor 01, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

the new member requirements to be removed from probation include the need for a useful post... so here goes...
    Wallmart, Kmart etc have a neat $10.00 add on... in the golf section. The golf ranger finder... good out to 250 yards... lets see... each pin on a golf course is 6' tall ... a nice whitetail buck is around 5' or so a little carolina windage and you should be ok... any use of this device to range anything else that avareges 6' tall is up to the user and is not normally advocated by this poster....

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

out to 300 yards I don't need no stinkin' range finder. Just put the crosshairs on center of mass and squeeze. If target is small, say the size of a volleyball or zombie head, 2" over should be good to put it right in the middle. But thanks anyway. I'll get one with 800 to 1000 yards max range.

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

800 to 1000 meters.... hmm best option is for me either to lie doggo, run or peep out with my .308 norma magnum with a zweiss 3x9 and my bifocals on and and hope that i still have what i used to back BC ( before Carter, Clinton, Coolidge...) don't ya hate it when your eyes go....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7