Chrome OS

Discussion in 'GNU/Linux' started by Yoldering, Dec 9, 2011.

1. strunk

strunk Monkey+

I'm not sure... it sort of defeats the point. It's meant to be an ephemeral environment that prevents you from accidentally using the public Internet directly in any way, or from unintentionally saving anything to a hard disk. It's not really meant for general use, so if you don't want to use tor, I'm not sure why you would want to boot into Tails.

2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Well I would like the Tor feature but I also use PenDriveLinux (switching over to Slax as we speak) for making repairs to crashed windows PC's. Because of that I also would like to retain the use of normal internet services for downloading drivers and utilities. These systems also leave no trace behind on the system they are used on, but they don't have the Tor feature to the best of my knowledge.

3. strunk

strunk Monkey+

Both OS's have their purpose. USB thumb drives are cheap, so you might be better off having one of each rather than trying to use a hammer to drive screws. :D

4. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Haha yeah you're probably right but hammers are way more fun than screwdrivers.

5. strunk

strunk Monkey+

I'll drink to that! [beer]

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Google has become the NEW Evil Empire.... They Collect EVERYTHING, and the sell off, to "The Man" anything that has worth, to keep themselves in cash.... Interesting Business Model, but not very OPSec, for the Users. For "Me" the thing that keeps my OPSec in order, is my Distance, and expense incurred, for "The Man" to come clear out here, and Dig 'Me" out. That and my Primary ISP connection, is in Atlanta GA, not Alaska, which makes me a bit more "Off the Map" than usual, for regular Folks with local ISP Connections. ..... YMMV....

7. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

I'D MUCH RATHER GET HAMMERED ON SCREWDRIVER'S!
    Matt

Redneck Rebel likes this.
  8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

To add to that Google is very anti-gun, which to me equals anti-freedom.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7