Coffee,how much

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, Feb 1, 2018.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Coffee does not keep me awake, it has the reverse effect, always been that way .
    Tried to stop and it threw off my sleep , so I'm drinking it again 2 cups in the morning and 2 at night reheated.
    I only use one of the measuring cups that comes with the Folgers medium roast , 3 lbs last me about a year.
    Post SHTF I may save the grounds ,dry and rebrew till it's too weak to recognize ,
    I haven't yet but I plan to buy coffee beans and store coffee that way . I have antique as well as electric grinders.
    Currently only about 20 lbs in storage .
    Have to remember that it might be as valuable as gold when it's not readily available.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Years ago, I attempted that. Oven dried in a flatish pan. If it had been successful, I very likely would still be doing it. All the same, YMMV and if anyone experiments with it, please let us know.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

My SIL and Daughter works the antique shows from here to Alabama, The old drip pots they can't keep once they put them up for sale, Normally $ 25.00 is what they fetch!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I know an old man that would get a second drip from his grinds, Weak but worked!

5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Roasted ground sunflower seeds will help stretch your coffee. Doesn't alter the flavor as much as chicory.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7