Collapse (2009) movie

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, May 21, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Wow. This is better classified as a documentary which is probably why it flopped at the theater. Look up Michael Ruppert and "Crossing the Rubicon" for some background info. Well worth the 2 hours.

Trailer

YouTube - COLLAPSE - Theatrical Movie Trailer

[​IMG]

2. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I am going to have to look for that one on DVD. Very interesting.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

conspiracy and shudder: "rumors"
    Ruppert is an old timey "peak-oiler and very convincing speaker, he has more than a few videos around the net....

"Haven't read "Crossing the rubicon" ...I know its the backstory to 9-11 with a strong emphasis on the "peakoil"...resource wars motive."Collapse" does look good.

4. ORMilitia

ORMilitia Monkey+

Found it on Netflix and added it to the queue. Thanks for the heads up.

5. Rourke

Rourke Monkey++

Found it myself on Netflix - was hoping to bee able to watch it instantly. Should get it next weeek - looking forward to it.

Rourke
    www.ModernSurvivalOnline.com

6. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Ok. This movie finally became available on Netflix for streaming. I realized how full of **** Ruppert was in the first few minutes.

He claims to of had an "above Top Secret" security clearance since childhood....

Anyone with half an understanding of SCI and clearances knows that TS is the highest level and SCI doesn't go home with people at night.... thus no need for one's entire family to have a clearance. He lied within 5 minutes of start. I had to google a "Q" clearance. It's a DOE security clearance equivalent to TS... it's not even a military clearance.

I think I will turn it back on and finish it. Maybe a rebuttal is in order. I don't necessarily disagree with what I heard of his peak oil take, but when you make up such a incredible lie in the first few minutes of a "factual documentary" it makes one think how much other fluff is added.

Thus, the problem with the majority of "fringe" news sites. Most facts can't be checked. When you find one that can and it turns out to be false...

7. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

watching it right now... will debrief when I'm done.

8. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I never heard of the man being interviewed.
    He discusses peak oil, population sustainability and essentially the undertone of the whole thing is a mathematical "we're ****ed" because of ... and he proceeds to list them out in his own way.

He may seem slightly left tilted but I really think that's because he views, what he says as survival being local communities, as the coming result. I happen to agree with this. Survival when we have embedded every aspect of our lives, put all of our eggs in one basket if you will.. we've based it on "oil". It's his opinion that we're going to have to find something else to sustain a more level evolutionary trajectory and level out the peaks in population growth by basically unraveling the peak into a more flat line so we can grow WITH the balance instead of moving so far beyond the balance that the parabolic move upward in a near straight line results in the opposite effect in pretty much the same fashion...parabolic downward path.

I don't know jack squat about security clearances and he may be trying to buff himself in order to sell himself as knowledgeable enough to present the material at hand. I do, however, think that everything he's discussed in his interview is pretty much spot on and mostly in line with everything we've discussed in this forum to some capacity.

1. oil is only going to go so far.
    2. we can't sustain, as a global trend, the massive population growth.
    3. money is evil.. more specifically.. fiat.
    4. the 1 guy that runs for the hills isn't going to make it
    5. the people that form communities are going to have a great chance at surviving the transition
    6. we must critically think about everything
    7. have hope

it's a good watch.

9. JaxShooter

JaxShooter Monkey+

A little late now but it's available for instant play. :)

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I obtained a copy of it and just finished viewing it, and I have to say that I am seriously impressed.

For years now, I have also been struggling with the very same reality which has been brought to the surface for all to see by Ruppert. The single greatest point made in the film (among several excellent ones) is the infinite growth myth pertaining to sustainability and our very existence. This subject is not nearly talked about enough, and it is in fact, the greatest driving force behind the elite's own agenda for global domination. Believe it or not, I don't care -humanity is on a collision course with total disaster. Now, we can sit around and argue the semantics about "how" this all came to be, but the end results will still be the same. As the Jesuits say, "the end justifies the means" -once the oil crisis runs its course and after civil unrest and disparity sinks in deep, we will be left with a whole lot less people on this planet. The human population growth chart really does place this all in perspective. Ruppert's own words weigh heavily on me as I recall my own findings and the words of so many power hungry, self centered, inbred elites who have grandiose visions of suffering on the face of the planet while they anxiously await scattering into their underground lairs. Once the dollar is no longer accepted as the world's currency (and it is already quickly losing its place), the ability to print endless dollars to prop up a phony dream will simply...stop. Disease, famine, viral outbreak, nuclear, biological, natural disaster, anarchy, darkness...this will all come to the world and it will pass. But, humans will never again become dependent upon fossil fuel for their existence -and so the end justifies the means...to some. I know that the reality of all this will cause many to follow the psychological pathways of habit from denial, to anger and onward to depression. I know that only a few will be fortunate enough to gain acceptance, out of those who may survive. Progress can only come out of this in the end, but it will never erase the suffering and the memory of what we once were.

It is in this single solitary moment that we are all at the same point of realization; from the royal elites to the common slave -humans on a rock which must be regarded as an equal, where each lives in harmony with nature and does not consume more than can be produced.

Remember how I usually say that it is much easier to plant some truth within a lie because it makes it easier to swallow? Well, this is our moment of truth coming into focus. Everything we have ever been for the past century (at least), all that we have ever come to expect...was the lie.

11. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Cliff Notes for the above:

Capitalism, when it was born, was based on the economic theory of unlimited growth and unlimited resources. When a program of unlimited growth hits the wall/ceiling of finite resources, you have a collapse.

We no longer can sustain our grand pappy's form of capitalism. Fascism walks in to force the rations.

12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Cliff notes work, too. [tytyty]

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Thunder5Ranch
  6. chelloveck
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Coyote Ridge
  9. hitchcock4