Comfort Item

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Hanzo, Mar 16, 2015.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Crap. I know that I am curious about it as well, but I don't think I would ever be that curious.

Hanzo likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm not on that list, either.

Hanzo likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Sweet tea, a nice book and the dog's snoring nearby :)

Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Tobacco isn't easy... You might be able to grow for a year or two but if you ever get tobacco mosaic virus your tobacco growing efforts are dead in the water without chemicals

Tomatoes carry this virus as well.

I'm a very experienced gardener and I've been hesitant to try it.

laurin likes this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Good book and some lemonade... and family...

Ganado likes this.
  6. laurin

laurin Once a Bubblehead...

I have some puzzles for the grandkids, I just picked up the card game Deer in the Headlights, green coffee beans for the wife's coffee, and I definitely agree with have a few good books on hand.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I took pictures and artwork here and there throughout my world. When I open the bathroom cabinet I am greeted by a picture of my Mom and Aunts smiling back at me. I have little art projects that the children did in my desk at work or in files. So a photo, note or little art project would be a comfort item to me. And a nice cup of tea also helps.

BlueDuck, laurin, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  8. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Coffee. Gotta have coffee.

Dont, Tully Mars and BlueDuck like this.
  9. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

The problem is it is two years (or more) before use. First year you grow it, wait 18-24 months to cure, then it is fit to smoke. You might also try toasting it after it is cured too.

10. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

But, if you keep up a steady supply, you have year two ready to go as year four is hitting the rack. That said, I understand your pain on the logic of it. No easy way around sedimentary survival.

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

No, do a new crop every year. It means a delay for the first crop only. The cure time is the same, but there is no reason to wait for it to fully cure before starting the next batch.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7