Copper pipes

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oil pan 4, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

You can see a conversion from a plumber screwup using galvanized unions with copper pipe which disabled my Kholer mega shower DTV valving system.

The galunions rusted and jammed the valves. I got Kohler to send me new valves for free($140 each)

And since it was installed in a confined space there was no way to replace with copper/brass unions so PEX and Shark bites saved the day.[/QUOTE]
    Heater floors ?

2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Heater floors ?[/QUOTE]
    No my shower? Something like this

IMG_3103.JPG

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Wheel chair access shower ? & yes I see a electrolysis bug growing .
    100PSI is nice , but tanks don't like it & im trying to semi conserve water & hot water . Every woman I ask to share & conserve water in a rain forest thinks im Nuts !!
    65 psi , & i run my system @ 50Psi /cut in well @ 15Psi less. .
    I Use a french shower head & have tight drilled small holes & have 3 in stainless so I can have one in cleaning , one ready & one in service. Been like that for 20 years .

Sloth

4. KCChimneyman

KCChimneyman Monkey

Many people have touted the use of sharkbite fittings, but from my experience and that of many others sharkbites will leak and in some states they are not approved for use behind closed walls because of their leak history. Pex can easily installed with the crimp rings or the stainless bands and the likelyhood of leakage is nearly eliminated. Water and soil quality is another issue for copper, depending on both copper can react and its lifespan can be greatly affected. We just got done re-piping all the underground copper at an apt complex (built in 1980) because of numerous leaks caused by deterioration and pin holes. Other advantage of Pex is the fewer number of fitting that has to be used and its flexibility.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7