Cops arrest 13-year-old girl for writing on her desk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackjack, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I missed this one..... it's from back in April.

Cops arrest 13-year-old girl for writing on her desk

New York City police arrested a 13-year-old girl because she wrote "Okay" on her desk.

According to WCBS-TV, Chelsea Fraser was arrested last Friday at the Dyker Heights Intermediate School in Brooklyn. "She says she was made to empty her pockets and take off her belt. Then she was handcuffed and led out of the school in front of her classmates and placed in the back of a police car," the CBS affiliate reported last night.

Police say Fraser was held for three hours. She faces charges of criminal mischief and making graffiti.

"My daughter just wrote something on a desk. I would have her scrub it with Soft Scrub on a Saturday morning when she should be out playing, and maybe a day of in-house and a formal apology to the principal," her mother said.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Was she black?

alright then.

heh, no just kidding. I don't know. Most of the kids in Brooklyn are probably delinquents with criminal records and or have serious mental illnesses. Plus, they are black.

3. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I don't care what color the kid is that is complete BS .

She didn't put gang signs on the desk or anything threatening to anyone and even a trip to a principals office would be an over reaction .

When I was in school that teacher would make you clean it off right there and then and give you extra homework and a long lecture thats it and it is all that is needed in a harmless case like this .

Respect for people and things is nice but when it becomes completely assinine it deserves no respect and cases like this cause kids to lose all respect for authority or people in positions of it .

Just yesterday another 10 YO had a steak knife in her lunch box to eat her lunch in a zero tolerance school , plenty of witnesses said all she was doing was cutting her food yet they had the cops pick her up and are considering felony charges .

4. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

I'm just shocked that she wasn't tazed! Maybe the cop didn't have energizer batteries.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

At least she can write. I cannot express what I think of this, it is absurd in the extreme.

6. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Maybe the cops ran out of murderers, drug sellers, pedophiles and other vermin to catch that day.

Or maybe they had to fill their under 18 quota and were 1 short.

Most likely though they just got their a$$ kicked by the local thug and wanted to push around something that was more their speed.

7. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

You mean they didn't send in the SWAT team after all she had a deadly weapon (ie...sharp penical) in her hand. :shock:

OGM

8. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

First Amendment terrorist.......

9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Certainly the most asinine reason I've heard of yet for arresting a child at school. Talk about humiliation. :shock:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7