Countermeasures for my Harley

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TI.Proof, Jun 27, 2016.

1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I was about tired of the PC nanny BS myself, but the straw that broke the chimo's back was then my number came up for gunny about 6 months before the end of my contract and they would not let me put on the rocker unless I reenlisted again. I woulda probably re-upped for another tour if they hadn't pulled that bullcrap.

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Was at 8 years in and a Sargent.. Retook the ASVAB and qualed for pretty much anything... Had a pin head staff Sargent telling me how great the future Corps was going to be and I thought of all the very good Marines that wouldn't qualify for enlistment.. Well, I knew the PC bull wasn't for me... It was a peace time Corps and had been down sized, as was the mediocre training we got, so I didn't do anything that deserves much recognition.. Still, I could not go along with the further vagination of the Corps!

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have 11 years as SS, 23 medals.. and walked away proudly. All I can say to your post is.... thank you for your service, I salute you and your dedication to service for our nation. My son has done about his 4 years in the Marines and getting ready to ETS and go to college.... I said much the same to him..... brothers in arms to all !!!!!

AD1 likes this.
  4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

@Yard Dart I think we have strayed off topic, but then I guess this is as good a threat to stray on..;)

There really wasn't much going on when I was in and the fact that I walked away with time in service ribbon's doesn't detract from the memories and the dedication I had when I was in.. It broke my heart to know where the Corps was headed and I heard the deriding yell's from the ghost of the "Old Corps". I am proud of being part of the Corps..

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. Yard Dart

God bless all who served our nation, we all paid in blood, sweat and tears!!!!!!![chopper]

Wild Trapper and AD1 like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Ohh and by the way... thread drift is my fault.......LOL . ;)

7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Here, I'll get us back on track with a song called "Whiskey for my men, countermeasures for my Harleys". ;-)

Dont likes this.
  1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Prepsteader13
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Alanaana
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Coyote Ridge