Crazy

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, May 10, 2019.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

my son just got back from Chicago on a business trip,probably his last. He was talking with a guy from New Jersey that had asked about the tax we paid in the south. The northern dude said his tax on his house was the middle $28,000.00 range just for his house,that’s about $500.00 tax a week. And if he sold his house and moved out of state he would have to pay $5000.00 just for the privilege of leaving the state. This is crazy at the least,no wonder they have a lot of homeless people. Were is all of the money going to come from to pay this crazy crap. Folks there are hard times ahead,get ready. About the only hope we have is ???? I really don’t know. It will not be long before America citizens are sneaking into Mexico heading south to the promised land.
    [flag]

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Even when I was in Comiefornia in the early 80s, there were a number of active duty folks who had plans to retire South of the border down Mexico way. Of course that was before the Cartels became so open and obviously anti-American.

Motomom34, GOG, Seepalaces and 2 others like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

the cartels will rob ya, kill ya, n dispose of yer body in pieces

that aint gud

even the so called gud areas aint gud no more

4. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Panama...

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Cyprus

Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Belieze

Problem is you can't own guns in any of those places.
    That's a deal killer for me.

7. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Maybe Bruce might let us move to Alaska. I imagine he does not want anymore refugees up there either.
    Just joking,Bruce [stirpot][stirpot]
    [flag]

GOG, Seepalaces and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The words 'crab bait' come to mind.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    GOG, oldawg, apache235 and 5 others like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We welcome ANYONE who is self-Supporting, and can make it thru their first winter in good shape.... Those are the two criteria that define our population... The farther out in the Bush you live the more the second becomes the determining Criteria... If you can't make it thru the first winter, then you are a "Chechoco", and we tax the crap out of you while you are here, and send you home, for another Go, in the FlatLands...

10. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Where I live we call them hog food. Just leave any "debris" you don't want along the south wood-line. Next morning it'll be gone. Teeth to toenails - gone. I've seen them do an antlered deer in a couple hours.

11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

If someone were to try it, that sounds like some serious motivation to get it right, or nearly so, the first time.

GOG, Gator 45/70, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  12. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

I'd actually be very interested in guidelines about doing just that.

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and sec_monkey like this.
  13. BTPost

This is why we do NOT get a lot of Newbies out here in the Bush, and most of the Newbies in the State, start out in the Cities, and Towns, where services are similar to the FlatLands... But the cost of Living here is much higher than most of the FlatLands, and that keeps a lot of the Riff-Raff out of the bush, and near the bigger cities...

GOG, Gator 45/70, oldman11 and 3 others like this.
  14. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Paraguay or neighboring countries, some Central Asian countries, perhaps Porto Rico, some are even trying the Ukraine but it's not the war down around the Crimean that would keep me away but the bloody gangsters, mafia...

15. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I always thought of living on a boat and traveling along the coast of Alaska. Maybe move with the weather. Many people want to drag an RV around, I figure a large boat can visit a lot of nice places.

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

A motor/sailer is the way to go.

Big Ron, GOG, oldman11 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Personally, if I were wealthy, I'd think a lot about a livaboard boat, regardless of where I had to go. But I remember what BOAT stands for: Break Out Another Thousand. The upkeep is horrendous.

Ganado, Altoidfishfins, GOG and 4 others like this.
  18. BTPost

If you do ply the waters of Alaska, make sure you stop by for a visit... Glacier Bay National Park is 1 mile away on the other side of the Inlet...

19. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Just make sure the water doesn't get hard come winter, hard water is hell on boats.

Big Ron, oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Yes I have buddy's there , and yes those prices are true and nuts ..

Corruption /unions /.GOV are the reason

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7