Creek Stewart's new show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think Creek Stewart is great. He used to have a show called Fat Men in the Woods. Sadly it was canceled but Creek now has a new show.
    A 6-episode series on the Weather Channel with Creek and several other experts, study past survival scenarios that happened to real people. The people will be interviewed, and Creek will go to the location where the event took place and try to learn as much as possible about what went wrong. The first episode airs the Sunday August 20th, at 8pm ET.

According to Creek:
    If you like to learn life-saving survival skills AND hear gripping stories about the power of the human spirit, then you will LOVE this series.

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I applied for fat guys in the woods I wanted to take my son and nephews out but we never made the show but out of all of the survival shows I always thought he was the best in real life survival teaching if you remember the old boys life mag back in the 80s he had a ad in the back of it

Dunerunner, tacmotusn and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You and your skills remind me of Creek. He has a can do attitude.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

"Boy's Life" .... now there is a magazine I had pretty much forgot about. Was it put out by the Boy Scouts of America?
    I remember vividly all the jamborees, summer and winter that I went on. The competition, and fun, and of the rare accidents that happened. Was reading an article recently about how much times have changed, and how the Scouts would be so hampered by regulations today, and also in such legal liability in many cases, that survival skills would have to be taught in many cases like "old time lore" instead of hands on. Sad really.

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yes they still put it out still a good magazine I just remembered Creek having a add in the back of it a long time ago he been in the survival world for a long time maybe almost as long as the late Ron Hood

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The boy scouts have changed. Also, it depends on the scout master. Some leaders are very old fashion and teach things the old way. My brother used to get Boy's Life. I used to read that magazine also.

tacmotusn likes this.
  8. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I had two good scout masters and was a scout master my self for a few years gave it up because being a baby sitter to kids that parents told them they did not have to do what I was telling them to do I had a hard time with that so I turned it over to another parent and took my son and three nephews out camping fishing hunting and still do to this day

9. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Creek had a article about him in one of the past backwoodsman mag a few months back

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I much prefer learning from others' fatal survival errors than my own. :sneaky:

Watching these kinds of shows usually throws up something to think upon and to store away until needed. (y)

1. DKR
  2. Motomom34
  3. Kamchuka
  4. CATO
  5. Motomom34
  6. wildernessgal
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7