CrossBreed Ark Resister Bag exceeds all military requirements for EMP.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by HK_User, Aug 1, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Problem is solved as this meets MIL-PRF-81705.
    Go ahead use this in your ammo box and be secure with your electronics.
    HK

• ARK Resister Bag

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ARK Resister Bag

Description
    The Ark Resister Bag by CrossBreed offers superior electronics protection that significantly exceeds all military requirements for EMP and static discharge resistance including the stringent standards of MIL-PRF-81705. Previously available only to the military to protect high value guided weapon systems, the Ark Resister Bag is now available exclusively through CrossBreed®. Reusable by design with twenty years of proven field use, the Resister Bag can also be used to line a case and serve as a Faraday Cage for sensitive and valuable electronic devices. When heat sealed, the Resister Bag is also waterproof, dustproof, corrosion, and puncture resistant. The Ark Resistor Bag by CrossBreed® is another example of our dedication to American quality and reliability, now offered for your most precious items.

Bag dimensions: 19.5" x 22"

Specs
    Product Size: 22" x 19.5" x "
    Product Weight: 0.25 lbs

Yard Dart and GrayGhost like this.
  2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Looks to be a handy little item.

HK_User likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Pretty expensive. You can buy this on Amazon for a little more (which includes shipping so it makes sense). There are plenty of Faraday bags and cases available today, many of which meet or exceed MIL-PRF-81705 although not all of them market their products as such. I do see the need to EMP protect sensitive electronics, and sealing them up tight is a good idea. Also, I do not understand the idea behind using these for guns and ammunition. I imagine it's just more marketing mumbo-jumbo.

4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

So...could I not reuse all of the bags from work that contained sensitive electronic components? Sealed, of course.

5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

That's what stood out to me, almost all the pictures had a handgun in them... didn't make a lot of sense but then again, I'm just a simple simian.

Brokor, sec_monkey and GrayGhost like this.
  6. HK_User

CrossBreed sells holsters.

sec_monkey and GrayGhost like this.
  7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Among other things, apparently.

HK_User likes this.
  8. HK_User

If you look at their clip you'll find that this bag can be sealed with an iron and used to store items in need for emergencies or to have paper work, titles, insurance and other handy items in time of need.

sec_monkey and GrayGhost like this.
  9. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Yep...you can seal a number of types of bags with the irons.

HK_User likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The guns and ammo mags in the advertising blurb is just marketing floss....they are appealing to paranoid preppers...and which American prepper worth their salt is without Gunz.???

Much the same with Malborough cigarretes...an image of a tough masculine looking cowboy mounted on a magnificent horse, advertising cancer sticks was a very successful marketing tool...given that very few smokers were tough looking cowboys who had seen, let alone ridden a horse. The cowboy and horse being mere props...as would seem to be the case of pistols in expensive EMP baggery instead of more economical ziplock bags.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Brokor likes this.
  11. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

claims to be

• Water, Dust, & Dirt Proof; Corrosion Resistant
    • Offers One of the Highest EMP & Electrical Resistance Rating Available in a Protective Bag
    • Puncture Resistant to 30 Pounds with Nearly 60 Pounds of Tear Strength
    • Safe for Electronics, Documents, Firearms, & Other Valuable, & Critical Items
    • Over 20 Years of Military Use Protecting Multi-Million Dollar Guided Weapon Systems; Made in the USA!

it provides "protection from moisture, corrosion, dust, dirt, electrical pulse, and static discharge"

it also protects from CME

plus it can only be sealed once with an iron

HK_User, chelloveck and GrayGhost like this.
  12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I suppose when the electronic gun locks get mandated, those bags will be a good place to keep your guns. But for now, they are just the right size for a laptop and cell phone. Now, the question is, will that EMP hit when I have the laptop out and I'm working on it?

13. sec_monkey

at least one computing device should be stored in EMP protected storage at all times

then devices should be rotated on a schedule

HK_User and GrayGhost like this.
  14. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

^^^^ The voice of reason, here. I love it.

HK_User likes this.
  15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

I'm hearing multiple voices now....

HK_User likes this.
  16. sec_monkey

:ROFLMAO::LOL: GG

17. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I am assuming you are referring to a coronal mass exclusion.

sec_monkey likes this.
  18. sec_monkey

Coronal mass ejection actually

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That means you need three, because two have to be out for cloning, with one still in the bag. Then switch as necessary so you have three identical machines. And, uv cuss, the EMP must not hit while the bag(s) are open for the switcheroo.

Uv cuss, chelly wants an EMP proofed room ----

HK_User, sec_monkey and GrayGhost like this.
  20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is what the “TinFoil Hat” is for....

HK_User, sec_monkey and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7