CrossBreed Ark Resister Bag exceeds all military requirements for EMP.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by HK_User, Aug 1, 2018.

1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

I will revisit this one tomorrow.

HK_User and chelloveck like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I concede the point that the ARK bags, according to the specs shown in the thread above, are likely more robust than ziplock baggies.

Buying decisions of one product over another comes down to survivability of the stored product and robustness of packaging vs budget...with each having their relative advantages and disadvantages.

Image appeals to emotions, and to an advertiser if they can make a sale on the emotional appeal of a product, rather than a rational, critical analysis of the products actual benefits, they will be just as happy to flog the product on its emotional appeal.

Brokor and GrayGhost like this.
  3. chelloveck

Indeed. My cache memory needs enlargement.

4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[LMAO]

HK_User and chelloveck like this.
  5. chelloveck

It could have been worse.....a Coronal Mass Erection....[touchdown]

Brokor likes this.
  6. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

That would be a massive solar event.

Rancher

chelloveck likes this.
  7. chelloveck

He ejaculated..... :LOL:....the other e-word I hadn't used.

8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Nice to see someone read the post.

sec_monkey likes this.
  9. HK_User

Having been through more than one fast exit from a home I see them as a way to keep all your important papers in a flat pack you can keep on your person during evac. Holding weapons and electronics is a plus.

sec_monkey likes this.
  10. HK_User

Have copies of important papers. Keep these in a plastic, waterproof case. FYI, this stuff is priceless, because you may need to prove who you are and that you own your house. Include:

I will add that if you are in an apartment or not take any documents that prove you live there. This may well be your passport to get back in and secure your property.

sec_monkey likes this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Rethink that a bit, all you need to do, just once at the wrong time, leave your d/l at home instead of the copy. (But a list of important numbers would be a Good Thing to have in that bag besides phone numbers. Include insurance policy numbers, too..)

sec_monkey likes this.
  12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Wouldn't that cause you codpiece chaffing?

chelloveck likes this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Reminds me of the UNIVERSAL WARRANTEE..... "WARRANTED to NOT Rust, Bust, Collect Dust, Bend, Chip, Sag or Peel, for Five Feet or Five Seconds, which ever comes First"

chelloveck and sec_monkey like this.
  14. HK_User

Your list may vary any way that is a suggested list YMMV.

ghrit and sec_monkey like this.
  15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yes. I made my own Crossbreed holster years ago. No need to pay their ridiculous prices at all.
    Now, what I would like to know is, why there's a picture of a GUN and AMMUNITION with a bag marketed to be EMP resistant? In other words, EMP being it's MAIN ATTRACTION, why then should any human with an IQ above stable room temperature be willing to spend more than TWENTY DOLLARS to store a bit of ammunition or their handgun inside it when there are practically an infinite number of ways better and more affordable out there.
    For twenty dollars on a bag I can only heat seal one time, I should add.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062YC22W/?tag=survivalmonke-20
    aLOKSAK has been out for many years, I use them for important documents and long term storage of firearms. They can be reused. These are also waterproof at a depth of 200 FEET or more. Are they going to protect from EMP? No, and that's just it -they don't have to. Best part is, I can buy several of these for the price of one, strange EMP bag you can only seal once then throw away.

I thought the point I made earlier was clear. Apparently not.

GrayGhost, chelloveck and sec_monkey like this.
  16. HK_User

I suggest you ask CrossBreed of all those things you seem to be upset about.
    They might well tell you it is their add money they are spending.

OR they could say

“You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here”.

It really doesn't matter what either of us think. YMMV

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

But, it does matter. We are the potential consumers, what we believe is important. The bag they offer may very well be exceptional as an EM barrier, but it is also a costly single use item. That's about all.

I don't know, man. I just despise marketing, especially phony advertising.

GrayGhost likes this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It well could be phony, but most mfrs hype their products. Truth is hard to find outside of uninvolved reviews.

GrayGhost, sec_monkey and Brokor like this.
  19. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Personally wouldn't go so far as to say phony advertising, but it's nonsensical at the very least and trying to appeal to a certain audience for sure. "Hey, guns and EMP protection! All RIGHT!" I can see the "logic" behind it, but it's catering to a certain demographic...the "newb" or the "me too prepper".

That doesn't mean it isn't a good product (or a bad one for that matter), and it may very well do exactly what it says it will do, but the marketing is lazy (although potentially very effective).

None of my firearms need to be stored in an EMP proof pouch, although one of the optics might benefit from it...maybe. Until we have phasers and/or electronic safeties that lock without power, I don't think we will need to EMP proof our general use firearms. YMMVWV

GrayGhost, ghrit and sec_monkey like this.
  20. HK_User

[​IMG]

Simple.
    They list the pouch as "Being Safe" to store Firearms in.
    Read the back panel of the sales box it comes in.

oldawg and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7