Cups Canteen stove

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by damoc, Nov 17, 2018.

1. damoc

damoc Monkey+++

Making a cooker for the issue cups canteen and using solid fuel stoves these are ideal for light weight camping/hiking,the bug out bag or just for emergency home use.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

cup1.
    I always had one of these, probably cost me $1 or $2 at the time. The G.I. canteen stove nestles nicely with the canteen and cup inside the carrier. It's cool to see people make their own items, though. Sometimes the things we make are better than the store bought items!

As memory serves, I gave my canteen setup to an internet acquaintance who lives in Colombia. Since I started using the Kelly Kettle, I just have no need for anything else.

I really liked your video, thanks!

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

For years when camping on motorcycle roadtrips, I used a GI canteen cup and stove to heat my food. Carried my water in GI canteens too.
    Had my meal prepped, cooked and eaten while my riding buddy was still trying to get his cantankerous fancy alcahol stove lit and running.

4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Got one as well. There is a company that makes one in stainless Steel that can be used as a grill. Want one so bad!

Seepalaces, snake6264 and damoc like this.
  5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Good Times

damoc and Seepalaces like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Hanzo
  4. JC Refuge
  5. HK_User
  6. JC Refuge
  7. JC Refuge
  8. medicineman