Das Boots

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CBMS, Jul 24, 2008.

1. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Hey Folks, More gear questions!

I need a new pair of boots! Does anyone have any good recommendations for which ones I should get? Obviously they need to be water proof and high durability.

2. TNZ71

TNZ71 PEACE THRU FIREPOWER

Danners.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ditto. I am wearing Danners right now.

4. andy

andy Monkey+++

i was issued SWATS and there nice...

5. CBMS

Okay so I take it the general consensus was to get danners. Now I guess the question is what type of danners.

6. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I have a pair of steel toe Magnum boots that I wear every day for work. I must say that they are the most comfortable and durable steel-tips I ever had. I wouldn't have any reservations using them to bug out.

I've heard of Danners good reputation, but never got a pair. I guess it never clicked that I might need the boots for something other then work... Maybe I'll look for some after I wear out the Magnums.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Damn Im going to have to try a pair, thanks M

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I am finding myself using my Amphib-dive boots more every day. They are the best I have found for the environment that I spend most of my time in and they are very comfortable to walk, climb, and run in. They are carried by navyseals.com and only cost around $60.00 a pair and seem to last.

10. CBMS

SC i think our environments are rather similar so I might give them a go. Plus I would love to have those hand made boots, but there is no way I could afford a pair of 600 dollar boots. I wish I could though...

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Being a cheap SOB, I've used Redwings for years with no complaints whatsoever. After broken in, walk as far as you want, wet or dry, no probs.

12. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I have wore Danners for many many years, then at one point i noticed a huge change in quality and found out half of their line was shifted over to be made in China.
    The Chinese boots heels squeak after a period of time, leak water in 2 months,and you cant have that hunting, the insole seem to pull apart. So I contacted the dealer and ask for a repair and was making small talk when he told me the problem and said to only buy the ones with the American flag stitched at the top, other wise they are foreign made junk.
    you mileage may differ but i can destroy a lesser brand of boot in our mountains in a year or less.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7