Decent price for Federal Premium .22LR hollow point ammo

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by natshare, Dec 27, 2023.

1. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

As we all know, ammo prices have been HORRENDOUS, the past few years. The price point for this hollow point is where I typically see it, for cheaper lead tipped target ammo, so I thought I'd pass along the info, in case someone else is interested.
    1375 rounds of Federal Premium .22LR hollow point, for $102.79 Shipping to my house in Texas was free, and even with Texas' 8.25% sales tax, it came out to less than $112, or 8 cents a round. (y)

I've dealt with Optics Planet before, and never had an issue.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/federa...rifle-36gr-cphp-rimfire-ammo-1375-rounds.html

Zimmy, Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

First rule with optics planet is don't ever buy anything from optics planet.

Plus right now I can get federal 325 packs of lead round nose ammo for right about 7 cents a shot including tax at the local Walmart.

3. john316

john316 Monkey+++

all ways some kill joy

natshare likes this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

OP4, you are, as always, entitled to your opinion. But unless you can cite a specific issue with this deal, then I consider it to be valid. Quality ammo, hollow point versus lead round nose (as I pointed out in my post), and I already have my UPS tracking number, a day after ordering.
    You may not like Optics Planet, for personal reasons....but that's an issue YOU have. :rolleyes:

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah if I had say a 10/22 I'm sure it would eat Federals by the brick.
    It would also probably become a jam-o-matic with Remington golds.
    Thanks for the tip natshare

Brokor and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's no just me they consistently have the worst customer service to absolutely no customer service.
    They are known for selling stuff they don't have then backordering you at the inflated price and charging it out a year later when it comes in.
    They have even given people tracing numbers then cancelled their orders. Back ordering them.
    People who waited hours to get ahold of someone to cancel their back orders have still been charged and sent crap they no longer wanted.
    Use optics planet if you feel lucky, like being treated like shit, ignored if there's a problem with an order and don't mind the possibility of never getting it sorted out.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    Gator 45/70 and natshare like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I like the sales at Optics Planet and bought a few triggers from them.
    PLUS remember, this thread started with a sale on Federal Premium, not avg .22 bulk.

When it comes to ammo, even brass and powder...I'm really picky. I have been screwed over too many times and prefer to buy local if I can. But, I will say that these days a lot of vendors since the Obumma Scare are sketchy and would rather ignore your issue because there's too much going on. I can rattle off the times I got screwed by MidwayUSA products and yet I would still shop there if I find something I have to have.

I just use Best Ammo for Finding Ammunition 2023 - Guns Mags Reloading and buy from the best on the list. [winkthumb]

Gator 45/70 and natshare like this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Bought "Winchester ammo" and was ppu.
    Screenshot_20240206-121117 (1).

9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I like sgammo.com. They have always done right by me.

1. duane
  2. Oddcaliber
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Brokor
  5. Brokor
  6. RouteClearance
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Oddcaliber
  9. gundog10
  10. Oltymer
  11. jim2
  12. OldDude49