Did I poison my storage water by using the new concentrated bleach?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Amelia here, Dec 17, 2014.

?
  1. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

In the 2K ice storm our neighbors ran out of water so we gave them a few bottles of treated. They complained of the "Clorox" smell/taste but did not throw it out--lol. Got tired of their lack of anything so told them to build a fire outside and melt snow/ice for water--which they did. They were "crying" about their refrigerators so told them to put it in a box outside. They learned a lot that winter and soon had generators, storage, and some preps. We were really not inconvenienced at all. Stayed warm, took showers, watched TV, ate well.

2. Prime8

Prime8 existential nihilist

Interesting topic, I am wondering if anyone has used Copper-Sulphate or 'Bluestone' to treat their water? Up here people use it to treat their dug-out drinking water supplies. Might be safer?

My parents used it to treat our pool when I was a kid, I remember the water being clear and smell free, it didn't burn our eyes like 'chlorine' did. Pretty sure it's cheap to get too.

Just a thought.

3. Airborne Monkey

Airborne Monkey Gorilla Survivalpithecus

Copper Sulfate is an interesting question. I'd be wary of using a poison in the form of a heavy metal to purify anything .... but I've heard of people using a drop of the blue stuff per gallon and all that. Yet I would seriously consult a physician first. Still, Copper Sulfate is an intriguing prep for a lot of reasons. It demands more study, a lot more reading just looking at the safety data sheet ... but it is an interesting thought.

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

1. Navyair
  2. Ganado
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Asia-Off-Grid