Diesel Generator 5,000 KW, 6,500 surge "All Power"

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by azrancher, Feb 5, 2015.

1. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

OK explain the buck a gallon trick, is there a limit?

Decades are longer than I will live, I want enough that I can use the tractor/bulldozer/backhoe to till up a patch of ground (it may not be on my present property) so I can grow some food.

bought, but not installed...

2. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

That's a good idea, since I don't think that after the balloon goes up that I will be able to find any re-build parts.

3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

The local Kroger affliate store has a point system, 10 cents off each gal for each 100 points with a limit of $1.00 a gal off and 35 gallon purchase limit. One point is earned per dollar spent but they have double points for gift cards. Periodically, roughly 4 times a year, Kroger runs a promotion of quaduple points for gift card purchases. We do shop with Amazon, so I buy Amazon gift cards we'll use ourselves, often 500 to 750 bucks worth. I have a 100 gal tank I put in the truck and haul to town and fill when gas is cheap and then use from it when gas prices are high. I purchased diesel for my tractor or storage with the gift card points. I also save using a Discover credit card (which I pay off fully each month) to buy everything. I get 1% back on the gift card purchase and last month in Janruary, Discover gave 5% cash back for fuel purchases. So I bought a grand worth of gift cards in early Dec which covered all our Christmas shopping and we still have some, bought 140 gal of fuel in Jan and saved more because it was when prices pretty much bottomed around here. Gas is back up $.40-.45 since the low last month. So, my savings were $10 cash back on cards, $140 saved with fuel points, about $13 for the 5% cash back and who knows how much more by buying low. Well worth the time and effort and I now have 165 gals more fuel stored (had to top off one drum at regular price).

AT

Cruisin Sloth and kellory like this.
  4. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Ahh, OK we have the same deal with Fry's, which is owned by Kroger, and I use my Costco AmEx for gas, 3% back on that card for Gas...

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I also play this game . It's worth it ONLY if you never pay interest on the purchase , (for those who want to play also ) .

Sly Sloth

Airtime likes this.
  6. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Oh yeah, never pay interest on a credit card. I learned something new last week... I paid an auto repair bill with my US Airways Visa, and my mechanic said yeah I may get miles but he pays more for the privilege of accepting that milage card over a regular Visa card and oh by the way if it was a business Visa card he would have to pay an even higher percentage. Learn something new every day.

7. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

For small businesses when you are dealing with the owner directly, if you ask, sometimes they will give you a few percent discount by paying with a check or cash instead of charge card. Or if you want to create some goodwill with the owner, start to pay with a charge card, then pull it back and say, "Oh, I have cash, that will save you the ridiculous charge card fees." They will appreciate the gesture and that you care about their costs. They will remember you. And then sometimes if you offer to pay cash and have no need for a receipt, you can get even more discount. ;-)

AT

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

AT, Stop copping me & letting my secret's out. :ROFLMAO:

Best card rate for a standard card that I've seen is 1.71% , rewards cards were hit 2-2.5% of ticket plus if your remitting the taxes your paying 2.5% more on the tax value..
    Another Bank get rich scheme...

Sloth

9. Airborne Monkey

Airborne Monkey Gorilla Survivalpithecus

Subscribed.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7