Digital Chinese HT's with encryption

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by stg58, Jul 23, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The shear number of chi-com radios is really amazing.
    One that covers 400-425 mhz has 32 bit encryption.
    s780u_2.
    ..........................................................................................................​
    Dual modes (analog & digital)
    By changing the channel setting, the V688 can be used on analogue and digital mode. Being analogue/digital compatible, any businesses or private users currently using analogue can begin replacing their analogue radios with V688 and enjoy digital quality as well as relief from congested spectrum.

Enhanced Voice callUsing digital signaling, V688 provides private call, Group call, all call and emergency. And all the call type can be operated by menu or by keypad.
    Secure communication
    It utilizes 32 bit encryption technology both in analog and digital mode, providing secure communication.

Supplementary Services
    Besides voice call services, V688 provides supplementary services of Radio Check, Remote Monitor, Call Alert, Radio Enable and Radio Disable.

Text MessageV688 provides private, group text message, which can be used when discretion is required. Customisable and pre-programmed messages are available.
    Software Upgradable
    With this capability, you can enjoy further features without buying a new machine.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Ah, but if it doesn't have FCC Type Acceptance, it can NOT be Imported into the USA... Does this radio, that is designed to be used in the USA MILITARY Band, have any type of USA Type Acceptance? It would seem that only the US Military could purchase and operate these units... ....

3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You talk in seclet, Mr. Militallyy! We no listen...is enclipted...vely safe...we no listen...

Ken_C, Airtime, VisuTrac and 2 others like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.;)

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Thought it was Chongsoftarmy checking back in there for a minute.

oldawg and BTPost like this.
  6. David Spero

David Spero Monkey

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It turns out that encryption based on public domain coding is permitted. BTPost has researched this in detail. @BTPost

8. David Spero

David Spero Monkey

It would be nice to see a link. Not saying that is not correct, but it would be nice to understand the rationale behind the claim. :)

9. kellory

10. David Spero

David Spero Monkey

That relates to a different type of radio use. I am referring to ham radio transmissions, where regulation 97.113 prohibits :

The underlining is mine. The one stated exception to the prohibition is for radio control purposes.

11. stg58

12. kellory

13. stg58

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Actually there was a White Paper published by a Communications LawDog, here last year, that makes an Excelent Case, that Encrption on Ameteur Frequencies, when using Digital Emissions, is legal, when the encoding algarythem is logged in the Station Log, along with the message sent in Plain Text. I sent that White Paper to an Old friend, who is now a LawDog with the FCC, to get an UnOfficial opinion, of the validity of the concepts espoused in that White Paper. I received an UnOfficial Reply, that Stated, "that is a very interesting inturpritation of the Rules in Part 97." When you have been With the Commission as long as I had been, and considering the fellow that I queried, Should I have need to send Encrpted Messages, on HF Frequencies, I wouldn't hesitate to do so, using the concepts in the White Paper. But that is just "Me".... YMMV.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7