Disposable Cell Phones

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Clyde, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

We've been using them for years.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Here it comes, bombs state side ......wow
    If you have people buying that many it cant be for a good use.

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Or, QUig, It could be some people pissed off about being spied on by the .gov
    I've always said this: Just because I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing, doesn't mean I have something to hide.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hell, could even just be someone with a company or some such that would buy them for all the employees or members of the group the phones.

6. Quigley_Sharps

yeah could be almost anything except the artical said Middle Eastern looking people??????????????
    If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to hide

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Except it is none of their business. If I want to stockpile gasoline, does that mean I am ipso facto going to make Molotov cocktails? :evil: I should NOT have to explain to some pseudo cop that I want to have enough to run my snow blower this winter. Grrr --

8. melbo

Sorry Quig, I read threads about this on 5 boards the last few days and didn't click your link...
    I call BS on the middle eastern people aspect of the article though... I'm sure middle eastern terrorists have much better ways of comms than Wal-mart phones... kinda sounds like what Klinton used to say about the 'gun show loophole' as if Gun shows in the US were some sort of World Arms Bazaar....

I don't buy it. I think that 1000s of guys like me went out to try and protect their privacy

9. Quigley_Sharps

Yeah probably so,
    Yeah ghirt I agree with you.
    I guess I never thought about using them for a remote bomb detonator.

10. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

11. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Garage door openers/recievers also make excellent remote detenators....as do remotes for radio controled toys ( cars, airplanes, etc )....and far easier to adapt than cell phone....you push the button, the contacts on the reciever portion close....boom. Not the distance you can get out of a cell phone, but far cheaper and easier to adapt.

Plus, what's to keep anyone from using ANY cellphone for such a purpose ??

The bomb thing is just scare tactics......."oooooooohhhh, we've got to confiscate those evil fingernail clippers before you get on a plane because 'terrorists' might use them to take over a plane".....ahahahaaaaaaaaaa.....what horsehockey......I'd bet you could get on a plane with a ceramic knife the size of a claymore.

What fries my pie is the same Govtweenies that give carte blanche to these same "middle eastern types" to enter the country and roam around without any restrictions will now want to put restrictions on the rest of us.....which tells me it has nothing to do with terrorism, but is ALL about control.....same as the "Patriot Act" manure.

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[booze] :lol: [ROFL] [respect]

Maybe "someone" needs to pick up some for all the mods, you know, just in case.... [camo]

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Can't profile any longer, it is discriminatory. Does anyone care to define discriminatory for me? Seems reasonable to discriminate in this set of circumstances. I'll leave it as an exercise for the student to check Webster's for the real meaning. [troll] :evil:

There are a couple gallon bags of cheap stuff in the fridge -- b:: b::

See above. I boil it down and condense the vapors. Straight ethanol burns brightly --. Makes most excellent molotov cocktails, just throw QUICKLY and FAST after lighting.
    :D

14. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Actually Ghrit, I meant the disposable cell phones. The alcohol would be a good idea also though........

15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

several off us have them, maybe a directory of new reciepes would be in order, if baked properly

16. melbo

So what? You don't, frankly know who uses a PC at a Coffee Shop either :rolleyes:
    It grinds me that anything "Private" is now suspect for wrongdoing...
    and these Privacy bans only affect us little guys. Try to find real information on the "Important People"... Plug me into Zabasearch and you find the last 4 addresses I was stupid enough to get magazine subscriptions or Electric service in my real name... Try a Zabasearch on Bill gates and see what you get... Nada. same with condalizza rice.

TPTB seem to like their privacy pretty well. Oh that's so the bad guys can't get them.

Privacy has become a game to me. Whenever anyone that is not a Government ask me for my info, I make it up. Home phone? I give a fake one, Home Address? Fake. Drivers License # when I write a check? 9 random numbers... I shred my junk mail too. (The few bits that actually do manage to come to the house... I work out of a UPS Store Mailbox for everything I do).

I've said it before on this board; When subscribing to a magazine or buying viz mail order, give the name as something like "RST Services". It is not against any law to give out phony info so long as you are not intending to defraud in doing so. Like I've also said, Do NOT ever do this with the .gov. They already have your info. (Case in point), the local Sheriff's office called my Cell # the other day after they had recovered some stolen property of mine... AFAIK, that number is not published and I've never given it to local LEOs. But a Cell # is a better number to give out than a home number... Guard that one. We used to hide our cell numbers when it was really expensive to get calls on them. Not the case anymore

Privacy [winkthumb]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7