DIY Underground Safehouse Build

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by John Porter, Aug 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. John Porter

John Porter PatriotSurvival

2. John Porter

3. John Porter

Next video I should have the camper ready to go in the hole

4. John Porter

Man I just cant catch a Break with this project
    I recently discovered i have a termite infestation in the camper so i am trying to take care of that before proceeding

5. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

If you are building a tornado or storm shelter go for it. But a bug in shelter? Trapping yourself in a hole is a stupid idea, if you don’t have at least three exits, and can defend yourself from your position, with preplanned accessible fall back positions you are setting yourself up for failure. If you insist on hiding in a hole while you are under siege, make sure you have some cyanide and coolaid just in case.
    CTHorner.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Depends on why you are building the hole to hide out in.... If you live outside suburbia, and you hole is to make your location invisible, to the rest of the world, then cool, but if your hole is going to get over run repeatedly, it will be a magnet to the wrong folks. Underground structures can hide you from thermal Survailance, if designed properly, but boots on the ground will usually find them, UNLESS a lot of attention is paid to detail on Air Vents, Access ins and outs, etc.... ....

hank2222 and chelloveck like this.
  7. janjak

janjak Monkey

A well designed bunker would have a look out turret above ground to see in all directions, a so called killing field that is heavily fortified to
    take on gun fire easily. Always have a second exit and a fallback position if needed. Also massive blast doors that are in your shooting range
    from your look out turret. Anything you build has to be defensible and well stocked and as always there is strength in numbers. That is why
    I made my bunker with a capacity of 40 members or more. My site is www. Bacon Hill Bunker.com check it out.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Imasham
  5. ED GEiN
  6. GhostX
  7. Pax Mentis
  8. Tyler Danann
  9. TailorMadeHell
  10. xls
  11. scrapman21009
  12. Jeff Brackett