Do before TSHTF

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by VisuTrac, Sep 9, 2011.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It was said, half tongue in cheek

If I was desperate to have either of those procedures done post TEOTWAWKI....there will be, for a time those who could perform vasectomies and circumcisions....even most livestock farmers can manage castration without 5 or 6 years of med school. As for circumcisions....your friendly neighbourhood mohel (moyle) can do that...but I'd recommend a liberal (a religious one...politics optional) mohel, rather than an ultra orthodox one.

Robin Hood: Men In Tights - Moyle - YouTube

as has been suggested, vasectomies are a relatively minor procedures, and can be performed with a local anaesthetic, if indeed that is needed.

The popularity of circumcision as a medical procedure has waxed and waned over time, depending largely on commitment to religious belief, cultural practice and beliefs as to aesthetic attractiveness or hygienic utility. There are some physiological conditions where circumcision is a necessary medical intervention such as is the case of those suffering phimosis. Current medical research results indicating that circumcised males are somewhat less susceptible to AIDS transmission may see the circumcision pendulum swing back in favour of childhood circumcision.

Medical analysis of circumcision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vasectomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In a world where modern antibiotics may be unavailable, even simple medical procedures may develop into life threatening situations in the event that infection occurs. So if these relatively simple procedures are to be done...they are best done in an environment where the risk factors are much fewer.

2. beast

beast backwoodsman

you can circumcise yourself with properly sized ring
    grooved on the outside, and a castration band
    a few minutes to set it up and a week later its done

3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Just what I always wanted to know....

:D :D

4. mrrk1562

mrrk1562 Monkey+++

a dental emergency kit from campmoor is in my med kit ..

5. mrrk1562

mrrk1562 Monkey+++

i have my teeth and like them they have been with me for 43 years .i try to brush them 2 times a day

6. Robryan

Robryan Monkey+

Some on here has mentioned Lasik surgery, If you are older and need bifocals ask about mono-vision worked perfect for me 20/15 in my right eye (shooting eye) and my left eye is used for close vision, I know it sounds crazy but you can't tell the difference from normal vision once your brain adjust to it. Again you can throw all your glasses and contacts away.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7