Dog Poisoning

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Hanzo, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Be very careful if you have pets. Recently in our community, we had notices where dogs were being poisoned. This was happening both out in the community as well as peoples' homes. Home dogs died.

Some people had no idea how their dogs were being poisoned in their yard. One said his dog chewed on a tennis ball and got sick (this was on CONUS). Another dog had eaten a sponge soaked with meat juice and rat poison. That one died horribly and painfully.

Someone suggested that crooks are casing homes and killing dogs to break in.

When we heard about this originally, we moved our dog's kennel to be inside the house.

Fast forward almost a month later to last night... my daughter finds a slice of American cheese on the ground near the door to our house inside the garage. That is where we usually take the do in and out from.

We do not eat processed cheese. And it was in a spot where you could just throw it in from the street. So it seems purposeful. She threw it away and cleaned the area. Don't know if there was poison on it or not. But there are no such things as coincidences?

One of the community members offered to have it or any other questionable items tested.

So this morning, my wife took a walk around the neighborhood and saw cheese wrappers on the street. Went about a half a mile to a spot where the puppy likes to look at cats and kittens. She found some dead and others acting strange, like drugged. She told our neighbors. One said someone had put cheese and mustard on some cars. Another said on a mailbox. While it could be stupids kids and not poison, we encourage everyone to be safe and cautious. We do not our dog pick up stuff and eat it on the road.

So I am posting this because the monkey worldwide neighborhood should be safe. And there are a lot of sick fu..., bas..., as..., er "people" out there.

2. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Time to set up a surveillance detail with a baseball bat:mad:

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well that's what should be done with processed cheese. Dropped on the ground.
    If some low life is going is going to poison dogs they usually use broken glass, antifreeze, rat poison, human otc meds that will kill dogs.
    They normally don't use colorless oderless hard to get super toxic poison compounds.

Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My little one asked me last night, "Where is the knife you gave me?" Then later, "Found it!"

My oldest asked me this morning, "You have a stick I can have? I don't want to break my kendo stick." So I told her where the sticks were. "If I see someone putting cheese or stuff down, I'm going to whack them." Told her to just take a picture. Let the police find them and do the whacking. If they are on our property, whack away. But make noise so I can come out and REALLY whack them.

It is sad that they feel they should go out armed. But they are no dummies. They know for someone to place the cheese where they did, they were probably casing the house.

Wifee wondered why the dog didn't bark. I told her it was probably placed when no one was home and no one noticed until my daughter did. And the dog barks and runs to a window. We do not always check because she will bark when a neighbor comes out or someone walks their dog(s), or there is a cat, or mailman... And when we do check, we see those things or nothing.

oldawg, Bandit99, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  5. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Here in Cambodia, poisoning dogs is quite common. We've lost a few over the years, ourselves. May God help the soul I catch poisoning our dogs, or attempting to do so.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We lost 2 German shepherds to sheep herders bringing a large flock on the road.
    B*****d's came thru the day before throwing out poisoned wieners.
    The old man was mad as Hell,Loaded up his guns and went and killed 20 sheep that belonged to the perp.
    Told the herders if ya'll want some more,Come find me.

Ganado, 3cyl, oldman11 and 4 others like this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Why would they do that?

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  8. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[biggrouphug] [biggrouphug] @ all yall @Hanzo

[ditto] what @runswithdogs said, jus make sure ya upgrade the
    baseball bat to 5.56x45 ;)

get the best surveillance system ya can afford to get

9. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Me thinks it's time to build a crossbow.

10. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Black Powder Monkey

Thank you for posting this....
    It serves as a reminder to always pay attention to your surroundings...even if you are at home and in your "safe space".
    Our pets are our family...It sickens me to read of actions like this....makes one wonder if people are next...
    Andy

Ganado, oldman11, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

They killed every dog on the highway,Didn't want these yard dogs stampeding the herd.
    They didn't want 20 dead sheep, But they got em one way or the other.

Ganado, oldman11 and 3cyl like this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

For that kind of stuff, I am an up close and personal kind of guy.

oldman11, oldawg, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Time to set up game cameras. Also, ask your neighbors if they have security cameras. Someone must have cameras which caught these people on film. Dog poisoning is usually a neighbor that has in the past complained about animals. If you are in an HOA, chances are the HOA president knows who has a grudge against animals.

Hanzo and sec_monkey like this.
  14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

No one complained to us ever. Most neighbors have pets. Wife found dead cats about a half a mile away. Told one guy that he had a dead cat in his driveway. She said he seemed suspiciously unsurprised. But that is away from and different from our case where the cheese was left inside our garage.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  15. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

There have been issues with folks poisoning Coyotes in the area that attack their livestock.. occasionally folks hunting dogs come across the baits...

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Hanzo like this.
  16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My monkeys are kind at heart. For that, I am thankful.

They found a kitten that was half dead and brought it home. Their intent was to nurse it back to health and adopt it.

Sadly, it died within an hour or two. We didn’t think it was going to make it from the start. Told the little one that she tried her best. And even though it died, it died having been cared for and loved. Even we can’t really expect more than that when it is our time.

17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

18. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:eek:

@Hanzo please have it tested n check yerself out too [biggrouphug]

Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hope yall catch the crazy sob
    Animals this year, Humans the next!

sec_monkey and Hanzo like this.
  20. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Someone thought the symptoms indicate poisoning with antifreeze. Apartently the smell attracts animals and it dissolves their organs. I hoe the bastard(s) gets caught too.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7