Dogs in anyone's plan

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by plotdog99, Feb 25, 2015.

1. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

We have a coon hound with a ton of natural talent. The problem I have is that he isn't mine, and he keeps coming out of nowhere and running my game off after I get something close in on a stalk. Extremely irritating.

Gator 45/70 and kellory like this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yep, free ranging dogs are both a problem for hunters here, and illegal to let 'em run loose.

3. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

I'll bring home the bacon.

[​IMG]

4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

O. O A puddle jumper! Better hang on to dat one! =)

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

In Alaska, or somewhere else?

6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I hate to say this but no, not anymore. The current dog is, frankly, not smart enough to help in a post event world and would be a drain rather than an asset. He doesn't bark at strangers and rarely barks at the door. He's big but 1.3 second is all it takes to realize he's not going to hurt you.

At this point it would be too much work to get and train a new one and honestly, the wife is tired of having a toddler under foot all the time. We have 3 kids, the youngest one is almost 10, and having something that doesn't help and is a lot of extra work is not something we're looking forward to.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7