Do'wanna be late fer lunch...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by UncleMorgan, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Uncle Morgan, I'm going to share this with everyone I can. people are so short-sighted, sort of sheepish. Heads buried in the sand, we'll divide that last piece of cake and share it with everyone once we hang the queen.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Plenty here. Was at the city grocery store and Sams last Friday afternoon, everything but the TP and canned soup is well stocked. There's TP, but it's those individual sandpaper rolls and some 6 packs of Angel Soft (apparently angels are not all that soft). Still a Limit 2 on some things, namely eggs, but I'm drowning in eggs anyway. They've been putting on some good sales on meat so I've been stocking up. Tyson packing plant is still running and I think the one to the north is as well.

The village I live in has a local ranch that also runs a small grocery store/butcher shop/processor so no shortage of meat here.

Airtime, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Seacowboys

That's great, DW, I'll let all the New Porkers know y'all have plenty of food. There will be a glut on food in places until it all spoils and nothing else is being replenished at a marketable level.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. ditch witch

If they want to drive 4 days to find a place that is barely on the map, more power to them. Knowing the locals I'm sure they'll have a nice welcome party waiting. Maybe you can have them visit Gator instead, since he too has plenty. :D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    SB21, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

A friend of mine hauls out of Cactus and has since it was American Beef Packers. He is running as hard as ever to the east coast but the delays on the receiving end are the real problem and he is turning down any loads to NYC or Jersey.

Airtime, ditch witch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Not me Darling, The stores have ''stuff'',One simple has to stop and check each one....

7. ditch witch

Maybe they just want to pull your finger...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Smells like boiled crawfish !

SB21 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  9. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Went flour hunting again. This time found a couple of small bags of Self Rising flour - sorta like Bisquik in a bag.ie short shelf life, even for flour.

Still holding out for cake flour...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I think after everything is said and done and the dust settled many Companies will be rethinking JIT as their logistics model.

Cruisin Sloth, ghrit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

As long as I have sun and air , My Solar systems will keep all the stuff running .
    S

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. IceRanger

IceRanger Intellectus Refuticus

NO WAY! You're saying people are sheep? As in, they don't think and just blindly follow? No way. You must be mistaken.

I'm being sarcastic, of course.

How shameful is it that we've become so fat and lazy and government-dependent as a society that we can't even defend ourselves from blatant nonsense like this. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this just frosts me. Most people DESERVE to starve, and that's an awful thing to say but it's true nonetheless.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  13. Seacowboys

Covid-19 is the largest and most successful single Terrorist Attack ever known to man. It took years to set the stage, create enough dissension so that people would gladly and gleefully accept isolation, house-arrest, allow the Federal Banking Reserve, A private Corporation that we rent our money from, to fully garner control of every aspect of our lives. Finish destroying the private farming industry, mining, forestry, housing, construction, retail, restaurant, and entertainment industries as well. Once the government has to send in armed troops to control the dissent, who do you think will get fed first, Their troops or the people that are rioting, looting, to feed their little Soccer Brats? Every incremental taking of individual Liberty will be done with Banners of approval "for the Public Good" and we'll buy right in, get the chip and stand in line to get free "Artificial Food products". See you there, Bro!

IceRanger and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Seacowboys

I just wrote this piece for my social media followers, maybe someone will get it:
    Everything comes from somewhere. Is that hard to understand? Nothing appears by magic. If it is made from wood, it once was a tree that grew on land with soil, water, and sunlight to nurture it, then it was cut down by real Lumberjacks, not the urban man-bun bearded multi-gender in a flannel shirt kind, but a real redneck with a chainsaw, steel-toed boots and a need to earn money to feed his family. Then it was loaded onto a truck and driven to a sawmill to be sawn into lumber or to a pulp mill to be turned into toilet paper so the dickless wonders that think it was magic can wipe their dirty asses. The truck driver and sawyer probably gets upset if he sees someone obviously in the wrong restroom but PC generally causes him/her only to shake their head in disgust and go on about their business because they have families to feed and cloth and house.
    That cheese burger and fries you just scarfed down at McDonald's came from a farm where people bought feed and grew crops to sell to the meat-packers and food factories, it didn't magically appear. There is no "Save the Cows" movement, no "Save the Chickens" movement...maybe everything we eat can come from another country? A lot of it does, because we have let corporate farms take over most of the small family owned ones, we still grow a lot of food here but every few weeks there is produce being pulled from the shelves because the foreign grown lettuce was grown in shit and anyone that eats it gets the shits and has to use a lot more toilet paper, creating a further need for land, water, trees, lumberjacks, truck-drivers, and sawmills. But what the fuck? let's just shut it all down, let the wood rot, let the crops rot on the vine, kill all the cows, chickens, pigs that you can't afford to feed and can't get to the market, they'll just magically appear again once we run out.
    Can't work? Not a problem, the government will just print more money so we can all share it. If wood gets scarce, we'll just use plastic, oh did you forget where plastic comes from? How will you feed your little "My kid is an honor student" once the farms have stopped being able to get their food to your McDonald's? Maybe that conspiracy nut neighbor, the one you have been calling names on Facebook, will share his family's garden with you, after all, they did grow it while the rest of us were locked in our houses behind masks.You can always call your lawyer and sue them for a few potatoes and maybe make a burger out of that $3000 shitzu that craps on your new cow skin rug. Well,, a few will survive just fine. There are a few that have enough resources to buy your home, business, and possessions after you file bankruptcy and the banks foreclose. Maybe they'll hire you to work there for food and shelter? You just think things will go back to normal once every aspect of our economy is shut-down? Welcome to that "Change" Obama promised us. Dream on.

15. Seacowboys

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. DKR

Lest we forget, our parents knew this-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (low carb even then, eh?)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. DKR

Some lesson had to be re-learned
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    my grandkids go to a 'hippy' school (Charter)
    they have a school garden. Not for the school lunch program (oh horror) but to teach the kiddo how to raise their own Chow - many live in apts.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. DKR

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7