Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by mage2, Jul 8, 2010.

1. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning

also, sorry i have been a ghost. new job, upcoming new addition to family and travel have been killing me.
    I hope you are all doing well.

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

An interesting article.
    I have had one 'near-drowning experience' in my lfe, when I was about 12 years old. At a local lake, I went beyond the safety rope, and stepped into water over my head.
    I DID do the yell and arm-waving thing...... but the danged lifeguard was too busy ogling the bikini babes to notice......
    I clearly remember - I got PO'd! This idiot wasn't doing his job, he was NOT going to come for me!
    I stopped struggling, got a breath of air and let myself sink to the bottom (not all that deep - just over my head) and I WALKED out. No muss, no fuss. I told that worthless lifeguard I nearly drowned and he didn't do his job. I was one very mad kid! [rofllmao]

But I am alive today.

Now much older and fatter, I couldn't sink if I wanted too - I bob like a cork....... [ROFL]

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[applaud]Great information to share.

I almost lost a child to drowning. He was surrounded by a full baseball team's worth of parents. There were no signs of struggle. I'm not exactly sure how my arms managed to lengthen ;) but they did, enabling me to reach in and pull him up and out of the water.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7