Duluth Trading

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Tully Mars, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Thought I'd share my thoughts on some of their products. Funny commercials aside, the products we've purchased have been so far, as advertised. First order was a pair of the "Wild Boar Mocs" for the nurse. The size she ordered didn't fit her properly(she has very small feet) and were returned with no problems and a new pair was received in short order.She ordered them to use at work and being a nurse, she is on her feet all day. She liked them so much she ordered her favorite welder a pair. I love them. Well made and feel like they were already broke in out of the box. Priced from $59-$89 I don't feel they are out of line.The soles are aggressive and meet anti slip standards. The pigsuede(what we have) are treated with scotch-gard and the others are oiled cowhide. Removable insoles and moisture wicking lining throughout.

Longtail T Shirt
    Not much to say about T shirts other than they are comfortable and the extra 3" in length is handy-in keeping it tucked in:rolleyes: They are somewhat a heavier T, similar to the Carhart work T's. Priced between $19-$24 depending on shirt style.

Real Deal Straight Razor
    A simple no frills straight razor. 440 stainless blade with a simple yet attractive(I think)
    wooden handle. 3" blade and is 10" fully opened. While it was very sharp out of the box, I did need to hit the strop before shaving with it. At 13 bucks($12.95) a good deal. We bought one to see what it looked like, and now have ordered several more for preps. I used the strop on all of them, then applied a coating of sewing machine oil to the blades before vac sealing the ones to put away.

Razor Renew Leather Strop
    Here's where I screwed up. I read the ad, but didn't read the ad. I envisioned the strop that my butt still remembers better
    than my mind does.;) The strop that I received was much smaller. Had I read the ad, I would've found that it is only 1 1/2"W x 21 1/2"L and not the larger type that used to be found in barber shops and the one that my butt still fears.. That being said, it is a quality item that is well made and can be used for pretty much any non serrated blade or scissors. Runs $39.95

Over Did It Ice Bag
    If you remember the "old fashioned" ice bags from the 60's this is the same style. Wide mouth waterproof bag that holds 16oz of ice or hot water if you prefer. It could be a bit larger but has worked well on my knees and shoulder so far. We will be purchasing
    a few more of these as well. Runs $14.95

Duluth Trading has MANY more products to choose from, and if all of them are like these, the Nurse and I will be customers for a long time to come. Besides their catalogs are pretty funny:)
    Warning: Once you order from them you will never have a shortage of catalogs. Seems like we get one at least once a month.

DuluthTrading.com
    PH: 1-800-505-8888

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Well done review, I'll be giving Duluth Trading a look because of it!

Marck, stg58 and Tully Mars like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Fixed TM :)

[beer]

Tully Mars likes this.
  4. Tully Mars

I think I just unfixed it. I tried to type in "scotchguard" and it came back-sorry Bro.

5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Fixed it a 2nd time :)

had to add a dash.

Tully Mars likes this.
  6. Tully Mars

AH. You DA MAN!

sec_monkey likes this.
  7. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

has anyone ever tryed the fire hose pants from the ??

8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

A guy at work loves them but at $59.50 on sale now $64.50 regular price is a bit high.

"Tough yet soft 11.5-oz. Fire Hose cotton canvas - the fabric that once wrapped fire hoses"

KAS likes this.
  9. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

I have worn fire hose pants for years and I will tell you that they are worth every penny. I am very rough on pants and I swear before I got my first pair, it felt like I was going through pants as fast as underwear. They are fairly heavy by todays standard but I have never had a pair of firehose pants rip. Great product.

10. Moatengator

Moatengator Monkey

[ditto]. If you happen to ride a motorcycle, the double front fire hose pants also make pretty good summer riding pants, IMHO. They are tough as nails.

Tully Mars and Georgia_Boy like this.
  11. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

I like their suspenders (old style) with the leather/stud hookups to the pants. A little pricey but they last for years.
    GB

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks for this thread @Tully Mars and all the monkeys that wrote about the product. I love the commercials and will be looking at their stuff now that I know is is quality.

Tully Mars, Yard Dart and KAS like this.
  13. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

It's tough to beat their "Ballroom Jeans"!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7