eating in SHTF

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by marlas1too, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Between the people, dogs and chickens here nothing gets wasted. Have lots of ground squirrels that we shoot and leave, always wondered what they taste like?

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's all a matter of perspective, and at what degree the tipping point is reached where hunger and malnourishment overcomes prejudice and picky-ness. There are some people who wouldn't deign to eat DK donuts in favour of Krispy Kremes...yet who...in Stalingrad in 1942 would have counted themselves extraordinarily lucky if they had a crust of mouldy sawdust bread in their coat pocket. Survivors will eat just about anything that won't poison them.

oldawg and VisuTrac like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

The chickens will eat them. Trust me. Not a mouse nor a chipmunk lasts long in the chicken yard. Those things are freaking velociraptors.

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

82616_man_with_a_very_big_cock_jpgdb68760f8e0f1ddeba404e4b1fad147e

VisuTrac's rooster! :eek:
    82616_man_with_a_very_big_cock_jpgdb68760f8e0f1ddeba404e4b1fad147e

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Sounds like my chicken SHTF food problem has been solved until winter hits. Still wondering if anyone has tried one and what it tastes like?

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I've eaten a chipmunk (in my younger days). I'd advise not using the burn the hair off in the fire technique though (worst smell ever). That being said. Kinda tastes like chicken ;)

7. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

we i grew up in and around the swamps of Florida enough said -if it swam,flew,crawled or ran up a tree it was food. never let your mind over rule your stomach if you do you will go hungry

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7