Econo-bunker

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Jun 15, 2011.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Proving yet again PT Barnum's theory.....there is a sucker born every minute.

"One problem with the scaled-down model: Customers are promised only six months of "autonomous" survival, while the luxury bunkers provide survival for up to a year."

Think that will be self evident when the food runs out.....or will somebody be around to say "times up"......ahahahaaaaa

Seriously.....I can't imagine what a loony bin a place like this would be in a real SHTF deal....picture the Big Brother reality TV house on steroids....

Falcon15, hank2222 and Cephus like this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

So, a loner gets stuffed into a small room with three strangers, and you know you won't be able to bring your guns and other 'gear' into the complex.........

Making folks pay good money to go into a prison cell - now THAT'S a scam worthy of our administration! [winkthumb]

Hispeedal2 and Falcon15 like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

A ticket on an earthship of fools?

I guess that there will always be someone who will capitalise on someone else's fears and lack of ability in being able to critically evaluate the worth and effectiveness of what being offered....It seems to me like putting hard cash up front for a 6 month cruise through armageddon in an earthship of fools without knowing whether the promoters of this scheme can or will actually deliver on their offer.

It seems like an elaborate Ponzi scheme to me....any chance of double or triple bookings on 'your' berth???

VisuTrac and Falcon15 like this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Hmm no weapons, everything you need food, shelter, water, etc under someone elses control... sound familiar?

6. beast

beast backwoodsman

sounds like heaven, or should i say a fast way to get there......lol

Falcon15 likes this.
  7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Like Andy said--new ones born all the time--and ready for "fleecing". One could take that 10K and build a fine underground hooch--ohh, but that would take some thinking and work. Years ago we built a wee shelter on my uncles creek property way off the beaten path. No one knew about it as it was overlooking the creek and on a fairly steep grade well back into the trees. There was a problem- the neighbor decided to cut his timber and a skidder strayed onto his land while making a turn. Guess where he ended up. The timber choppers did not know what they had fallen into as there was about two feet of earth over the shelter and just left. We were able to salvage most everything and eventually go back when the "dust settled".

Falcon15 likes this.
  8. beast

beast backwoodsman

maybe we should pool our resources
    buy some land and build our own bunkers to rent or sell
    our combined knowledge id say is far beyond that companies
    and we could label; it genuine survivalist designed and built :p

Falcon15 likes this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and just "WHY" would "We" as "Thinking" Folks, want to burden ourselves with "More Money than Brains" Folks, in any case? Harsh, well maybe, but to "Me" this goes back to the "Ant and the Grasshopper" of Children's Tales..... .... YMMV....

STANGF150 and Falcon15 like this.
  10. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

At least the idiots are "pre-buried"...saves on effort, that.

11. Seawolf1090

Or, they 'pop the cork' after six months, and find the entire domain under the bootheel of the local 'warlord', and they've just 'volunteered' to join his farm labor workgangs.

Gordo and beast like this.
  12. radpug

radpug Monkey+

Its talking about an astroid hitting the earth, and after 6 months your booted out.?
    ROFL.... Would take more than this and more than 6 months to survive a good size hit.
    Your talking multi mega ton detonations from the crash of a super astroid, after which
    A climate changeing event where the skies would be dark as night for what years or decades.....

13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

file that under .....

Why didn't I think of that. Of course I'd 'build' Sooper Dee Dooper bunkers and charge the builderburg class a measly 1.5 million in silver for their spot in their own 10k sq. foot bunker.

Of course double and triple booking would be the MO

I wonder if it's too late to start?

14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

just what do they find?

To avoid an event so catastrophic they sealed up underground for six months... Then come out to what?? ;)

Plus, I would have guessed the aftereffects of an event of that magnitude would last longer than a measly 6 months or a year.
    lol

15. Seawolf1090

Yep, the eggheads have always said the smoke and dust will linger for at least two or three years - killing most plant and animal life. It'll take MANY years to get crops and livestock going again - did they plan to save some livestock and seed? Farming gear? Too many unanswered questions with this group.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7