Ecuador: Thinking About Retiring Here

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Aug 2, 2017.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Yeti, outstanding links! Thanks.

Thanks for the diverse replies. India, Ukraine, Russia and most of the countries mentioned above are not on my short list of considered destinations, but thanks for the info, experiences and comparisons. I was kinda hoping someone here would have recent experience in Ecuador, but I knew it was a slim hope when I posted. Belize is out for several reasons, including rampant HIV/AIDS infection rates.

I will keep researching. Thanks, everyone

Kajun

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
    Motomom34 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

the post was (y) (y)

just sayin :)

chelloveck, SB21 and Motomom34 like this.
  3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

@TXKajun

here is another report about Ecuador plus the capital Quito [ the rest of the country aint much better ], violent crime is a yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge problem in all of latin America, crime is under reported, plus venezuela is exportin cuban style communism and destabilizing the region

Ecuador 2017 Crime & Safety Report: Quito

even govt agencies sometimes stumble onto the truth

this report matches many other reports from multiple independent sources

"There were a total of 1,924 murders in Ecuador in 2012" plus [dunno] how many unsolved disappearances

"corruption among Ecuadorian National Police officers is widespread and well-known" and that "U.S. investors are reluctant to risk their resources in Ecuador knowing that they could be targeted by corrupt law enforcement officials."

there are at least 4 confirmed domestic terrorist groups plus at least 2 foreign terrorist groups operating in the country

armed robberies are really common plus they can easily escalate to sexual assault, torture plus murder

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Whats the cost of peter heaters in sub AK now ?
    I had one in Tuktoyaktuk !

5. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

No problem. I hope that they did help. Again I hope you find a place to suit your needs.

sec_monkey likes this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@TXKajun Please let us know what info you find. There are good places out there, great places where your money goes far and life is simple. If I was serious about getting out of the states and, while I am certain the wife would veto this, I think I would look into Iceland and the Philippines . The Philippines for the sun, beaches, good medical, language and cost of living and Iceland because they locked up their bankers (I loved that!), language and things are cheap right now but won't remain so for long. LOL!Understand that one is never totally safe no matter where you live even here so take that as a grain of salt. As far as guns, while normally you could not take your guns you will always find a way to purchase them illegally if you want. Like I said, one can almost do what you want when you want to include purchasing guns if you have the money. You know another place, that I would check out which might not be good for you due to language is Bulgaria, get a place on the Black Sea, costs are low, medical is good and one could jump to Greece easily for anything and lots of dark haired beauties. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7