Election Brings A New Breed Of Prepper

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Jan 17, 2017.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Nobody is suggesting that buying a gun, or thinking about survival instantly makes anyone a better person, any more than converting to Christianity instantly makes anybody a better person...."just saved", so the schtik goes.

any more than notions of "equality", makes one a better person....c'mon MG, you've gotta come up with a harrumphin' argument that isn't logically fallacious. ;)

Possessing a gun, can be morally good, or bad (depending on how one came by it, and whether it is legally owned and stored)....it is what one does with the gun, that invites value judgement.

Anybody who is self sufficient for their material needs and security, regardless of their ideological leanings can be counted as a positive thing.....if only that they will be less likely to be knocking on, or down your door for sustenance as members of the golden horde of the unprepared.

oldman11, Ganado and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Bingo! [applaud][applaud][applaud]This is fact and the sooner we all realize it the stronger we as the people will be.

oldman11, Mindgrinder, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Now that would be entertaining to get a bunch of panty-waist liberals involved in our forum. I can't wait.

4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Do we have a gun free safe zone forum with a stack of safety pins and Teddy Bears somewhere that I didn't know about?

Sapper John, STANGF150 and Legion489 like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

If we created one, we could call it the Chello Zone...... [LMAO]

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am sure they lurk as guest, see posts like this and choose not to join.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    GOG, chelloveck and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

If the snowflakes learn that it is better to be dependent upon themselves than to be dependent on government, that would be a good thing all by itself...like the first step in a 12 step program to recover from their affliction! :D

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I don't see them to be so much different from us in reality. They have some different viewpoints but we all still pay the bills, feed the family, shovel snow... Where they ARE different is when they DEMAND I see and do things their way. Sorry, that is not going to happen...

oldman11, Mountainman, GOG and 4 others like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

An open mind might surprise many folks, especially some of us hard nose types! I see it like the awakening or eye opening many of us had, came out of our little shells and saw the world in a different light then what we were used to! I also do not see the type of people you point out being members here or participating, those type are the ones that will never get it, and never change! They are the ones so wrapped up in there blanket of public support that there is little hope of them ever opening their eyes!

Mountainman and chelloveck like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I think the only thing that will teach gen snowflake the importance of self reliance is basically a repeat of katrina, everywhere. Then when the government they covenant so much doesn't come save them then they will get it. Then they may be dead so either way is good with me.

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Push comes to shove ,how will you know where a stranger stands ?

In all likelihood the best members of your group will have proven them self long ago.
    But liberals learned a lot from the Vietcong how to lie and use children to compromise your security.
    Look how their long term strategy has been working these last several years. Agenda 21, now Agenda 30.
    Have you a protocol for addressing strangers ?
    What of snipers (the criminal element).
    Because a person has a gun, and claims conservative views , ( a lot of people know the talk and can even fake the walk), does not necessarily put him on your side. I've dealt with fakers much of my life.
    Post SHTF, there will be millions of them seeking conservative's compromise .
    IMO it has been the continued pressures of liberals that have drug this country down.
    If this country is to recover, it need discipline an a strong morality , to rid our selves of the criminals in office.

What made this country great was high standards we developed and maintained, the rest of the world competed with.
    But when these values were compromised, we became weaker than the rest of the world.

12. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I just had this discussion online today with the friend of a friend. He was terrified of Trump's cabinet and said, "Those people will be far too powerful." To which I responded, "Yes, that giant liberal government is far too powerful and will eventually be used by people you dislike. Get it?"

13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I had this same conversation with a Democrat. He was really worried about all the Generals and former military that Trump has tapped for a position.

I think people tend to forget that not all Democrats are snowflake just as not all conservatives are members of the KKK. Some people tend to be more in the center.

14. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Yes...many of us lack the knowledge needed to provide a steady source of organic kale...how would we survive?

[peep]

Sapper John, GOG, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  15. chelloveck

On bacon, evidently....:ROFLMAO:

oldman11, GOG, STANGF150 and 5 others like this.
  16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

"""""and they do this as a job, no other income or jobs."""
    NO NOT true , UNLESS they are huge & then they will not be at the local Slave Markets.
    I'm kinda involved , I drive , farm , tech of many mechanical toys !!!
    All to most real farmers have a second job in the household , it is a controlled food supply we have here !!! Step outside or ? they will gut you , I've seen banks say NO MORE & then yur homeless unless you were smart & had a mattress. I saw many old farmers & chatted in 2008 USA ..
    Corp rate has got there farms for 00.2 on the dollar & kicked the line of family.. OUT !!
    I'm not saying I work 25hr's/day !!BUT
    I do a job & the Farmers all work together to keep the movement / transfer of food & critters/ all to a coop thing to keep cost way down , Real food with Good in & no CRAP is a wee bit more than the store sells & they are at almost break even If something go's sideways , As they do.
    Sloth
    3 job holder , excluding stud services @ 6.5C+ YO ;)

Mountainman, GOG, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  17. Pax Mentis

You say that like it's a bad thing.

One thing that is still true about the Monkey is that it is a place where one can come and not have to deal with idiot liberals (with 1 or 2 exceptions that are easily ignored and who live in completely different societies).

18. chelloveck

I have no objection to dealing with idiot conservatives....from any society....they can be highly entertaining, and as easily butt hurt as their "liberal" bretheren. :D

Ganado likes this.
  19. Pax Mentis

I'm happy for you.

I'm old and life is too short to suffer fools.

[deadhorse]

Sapper John and BTPost like this.
  20. chelloveck

And much mutual happiness was had in the land of the monkey poo flingers....for it came to pass, that Pax was happy for me, and I was happy for him, as we bothed dodged flung poo in brotherly mutual admiration, (interspersed with occasional dead horse flogging).... :ROFLMAO:

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Yard Dart
  4. fl4848
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Coyote Ridge
  11. Motomom34