elinks

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by SeptemberMage, Feb 21, 2008.

1. SeptemberMage

SeptemberMage LaMOE Monkey

Well it is late, and I have been staring at a terminal window all night. I am posting this blog using the text based browser "elinks." I have configured it to run through anon-proxy and apparently it works. ipchicken and whatismyip both seem to think I'm accessing from germany. whether it is "secure" or not is, of course, debatable. I suppose I will have to see if I can also configure this browser to work with TOR. As far as speed is concerned, well... with text, the difference is almost negligible. But if anyone is considering running through a secure proxy and surfing the web as usual... not gonna happen. I think that the computer geek monkeys will agree that there is something singularly exhilerating about working in terminal. Like watching WARGAMES for the first time ;)

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

elinks runs through terminal? I have used a few barebones browers before but not that way.

You can click on archives or pda on the site here to get a text view. I have used lynx to see what is seen by search engine spiders before.

Post some screenshots!

3. SeptemberMage

SeptemberMage LaMOE Monkey

but 'm afraid they will bore people to death. I will post some here over the next couple of days. First I want to post some prep picks.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7