1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by SeptemberMage, Feb 21, 2008.

1. SeptemberMage

SeptemberMage LaMOE Monkey

Well it is late, and I have been staring at a terminal window all night. I am posting this blog using the text based browser "elinks." I have configured it to run through anon-proxy and apparently it works. ipchicken and whatismyip both seem to think I'm accessing from germany. whether it is "secure" or not is, of course, debatable. I suppose I will have to see if I can also configure this browser to work with TOR. As far as speed is concerned, well... with text, the difference is almost negligible. But if anyone is considering running through a secure proxy and surfing the web as usual... not gonna happen. I think that the computer geek monkeys will agree that there is something singularly exhilerating about working in terminal. Like watching WARGAMES for the first time ;)
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

elinks runs through terminal? I have used a few barebones browers before but not that way.

You can click on archives or pda on the site here to get a text view. I have used lynx to see what is seen by search engine spiders before.

Post some screenshots!
  3. SeptemberMage

SeptemberMage LaMOE Monkey

but 'm afraid they will bore people to death. I will post some here over the next couple of days. First I want to post some prep picks.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary