EMP has occurred ,you have made your way home ,but you're home is already occupied.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by arleigh, Apr 24, 2019.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

This can happen any where city or country,
    Do you have a plan ?
    Have you made preparations ?
    I know my own home and its strengths and weaknesses, however any damage I create to get others out, is something I have to fix as well.
    When I leave the house I think about this issue from time to time and ponder the possibilities .
    Reason is , it may take time to get home from some distance on foot , and it cold be reasonably assumed some one did not make it home if a house is vacant post SHTF.
    Ideally I'd like to think I can trust my neighbors here but they may not be the only ones involved .
    Though have secret storage ,it is not spread around probably not as much as it should . it gets significantly hot here as well so accommodating proper storage conditions is not easy .
    The idea of ground cashee , is significant but again, how do you get to it if the place is occupied ?

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I ask them to leave, politely, then if they refuse, I go collect a few neighbors, and we sink their boat, and then use them for Crab Bait... Otherwise, Just another Day in the Alaskan Bush....

3. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Bruce you would make a good neighbor
    [flag]

4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

If they are inside or outside my house makes no difference. They are going to leave or there will be a confrontation one of us will lose.

oldawg, Motomom34, techsar and 3 others like this.
  5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Slip in under the cover of darkness leave them a note. You are tresspassing, Leave before the sun sets tonight and take nothing you didn't have before you moved onto MY Property! If they fail to comply, let loose the dogs of war. no mercy no survivors.

STANGF150, Zimmy, Tully Mars and 6 others like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

If you want to keep it, hide it. I have no doubt that the local, state, and federal government will take what I have under some law that either exists or will be enacted to redistribute what I have for the greater good. Your food will supply the local "shelter" for a day and the police will drive around enforcing the law with the fuel you stored for your generator. If you resist, you will be put down, bad enough now, see what happens with unpaid taxes, zoning rules, building permits, environmental permits, vaccinations, food safety, etc, and I don't have much hope until things totally fall apart. Be the grey man, let the alpha people play their dominance game and play Sgt Schultz as long as I can and survive. It is all going to be random as far as I can tell, I am alive now because the tree fell in the right way, I got well after mumps, measles, whooping cough, etc, I got hit by a car and was thrown clear, was on the right side of the air plane when it blew up, etc. Its Gods will and all we can do is try to improve the odds. I am not going to live in one of the Boston projects if there is a race war, but don't know what happens if they come out here. Best thing I can think of at my age is to have knowledge and resources that most people can not use, keep me alive and I will raise my garden and run my greenhouse and fix your generator and reload your ammo, get rid of me and it is most likely to all disappear, and I have been doing it long enough that the locals know so. Some idiot from Boston could well arrive, kill me, and eat the seed potatoes, but I have no control over that. The farther out you live, Alaska being a good example, the less likely the idiots will succeed in destroying everything.

7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Two is one one is none this also goes for locations have a plan then kill them kill them all

Tully Mars, Motomom34, 3cyl and 2 others like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'd burn my house down before I'd let squatters take it from me.

Zimmy, Altoidfishfins, Alf60 and 12 others like this.
  9. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Assuming this ever happened ( I don't get too far from home anymore), I'd simply wait until zero dark thirty, dig out one of the firearms I have hidden around the place (got dozen barns/sheds/etc), and remove the vermin, leaving cleanup until morning.

Zimmy, Alf60, Tully Mars and 6 others like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Squatters = Burglars here,Tell it to leave or face your wrath

11. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

If I find someone squatting in my house, they are fair game. They know damned well it is not theirs and have no valid business there.

Period.

STANGF150, Zimmy, Tully Mars and 6 others like this.
  12. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Can you be more specific about the situation. Specifically, how many days were you away from your home when these people "Squatted"? Is your home isolated or in a community? I would guess the first day or 2,. people would be knocking on doors and if no answer go on to the next Home. After 3 days, they'd be breaking in. I'd think if you had enough provisions, maybe let 2-3 people who seem trustworthy in as they'd stand watch to prevent others from breaking in, I think on the first 2 days if you are not isolated, no one is going to break in as they will try to get the mercy of nearby Homes where there are people inside.

Gator 45/70, Zimmy and oldman11 like this.
  13. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Smoke them out. Stash a smoke bomb in a wall with some way to trigger it from the outside that nobody knows about. Send them a message to leave and if they do not ,trigger the smoke bomb. Pop them as they leave so they will not be able to tell. Drag them out to the mailbox so other people will know to move on. Simple,just saying.

Gator 45/70 and arleigh like this.
  14. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

15. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Where we live it's ****ing red clay that 's pure slime when wet, and concrete when dry. I keep telling myself that I need to dig a few 6x2x6 holes in the stuff while I have fuel for the backhoe, and fill them with easily shoveled sand.
    Or just drag the "debris" out to the wood line and let the feral hogs to the cleanup...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Gator 45/70, STANGF150, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  16. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Cats,hogs,buzzards all do a fine job,just saying.
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Watcha doing BT? Oh just chumming some salmon. Want some?

18. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

Id choose resolution B18 - 42A, Click Click Boom......... problem solved.

Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  19. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

While it could happen I doubt it for a few reasons. Mainly because we own all the land around us. The neighbor is the wife's aunt. If someone were to enter the property it wouldn't be too long before a pair of well armed cousins were here. Chances are the problem would be solved before we got home. If not, I would kill everyone that trespassed. I'm not going into detail on this, believe me there are plans in place.

20. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I have nothing but sand on the beach, but anywhere near trees there are wicked big roots near the surface. That's what happened to the shovel on the left in my picture. I hit water at no more than 18" so all family cemeteries are inland on higher ground. All the male family members take turns digging graves. In normal times there's no hurry, so roots can be dealt with, after an event like an EMP attack I wouldn't be worried about digging neat holes. I do like the idea of pre-digging perc test holes here and there.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7