EMP strike - oxygen tanks?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by fl4848, May 28, 2022.

1. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

Was listening to Mike Adams the other day and he was talking about EMP strikes. I think it's common knowledge that an EMP strike takes out electronics. I was under the assumption that that was all that it does. But the MORE devastating impact of an EMP is that it sucks out the atmosphere below where it hits. So all of the oxygen below an EMP is sucked out like a vacuum. So all the oxygen is sucked out for like a 10 to 50 mile radius and people simply suffocate to death within the target zone. But it's nice for the globalists because it just leaves dead bodies, but the infrastructure is intact.

So with that being said, I was wondering if an oxygen tank would save you from an EMP attack. In theory, if the oxygen is sucked out of the air like a vacuum, you could put a face mask on and breathe oxygen until the carnage is over. Not sure how long it takes for the atmosphere to come back in... Or how long an oxygen tank lasts. But I'm wondering if that's a valid theory to survive an EMP attack. Thoughts?

If it is... Where would you get an oxygen tank? Do you need a prescription from your doctor or something? Good luck getting that. F*ck... maybe Ukraine will sell me one. They seem to sell everything else!

SB21 likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'd think that a true EMP attack is where they explode a nuclear weapon high above the atmosphere. Typically, several hundred miles above the earth in the vacuum of space. It would be a conventional nuclear attack if it occurred in the atmosphere and that would effect oxygen we breathe.
    But an EMP could effect the electronics that are in oxygen generators that may be in homes for miles from the blast centers. Maybe that is what you may be reading.

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

If you are under a nuke when it goes off, lack of oxygen will be the least of your concerns.
    More to the point, if O2 is mysteriously sucked out, why does the blast wave propagate outwards? Maybe that is his warped way of thinking things work...or maybe it sounds better for fear-mongering.

BTW, try a dive shop. Pure oxygen isn't ideal for humans anyhow ;)

Bishop, ditch witch, 3cyl and 7 others like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Oxygen tanks don’t all store pure oxygen . At best it is filtered compressed air, nothing more.
    You need to have this air available to you at all times in the event it becomes necessary, and depending on the rate of flow 1500 lbs in those small bottles might last a day at best, and you will need the aporatious that covers your mouth and nose.
    If you have to beef up your activity the flow rate too needs to be beefed up as well.
    Fires may be rampant till the oxygen is all consumed, and then things will simply smolder like making char cloth. As oxygen returns some fires may resume with little encouragement. With out trees and plants it may take a long time for oxygen to be restored. I mention fire because fire fighting may become necessary, thus spending a lot of your breathing oxygen.

Gator 45/70 and fl4848 like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you are that close the blast and radiation all ready killed you.

6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

.. .. as long as yer a safe distance from da blast zone ya prob aint gonna die .. ..

.. .. a gud NBC mask plus NBC gear will keep ya alive fer a while .. ..

.. .. we done tested dis in da 1940s startin wid Trinity plus in da 1950s .. .. plus plus plus plus .. .. we done did a lot of testin until da partial test ban treaty went into effect in 1963 .. ..

Gator 45/70 and fl4848 like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

VisuTrac is correct. Should we get hit, it will more than likely be above the atmosphere in order, for one reason, to get more bang for buck, covering more terrain.

8. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

Dive shop! Why didn't I think of that.

I don't know what I'd do without you monkeys! Props!

Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  9. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

Good points! Well said.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

What's NBC gear?

11. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I understand oxygen is pretty flammable. If you're firefighting with an oxygen tank, you're going to explode, right?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

No,...... BUT O2 will make any flames much bigger, more intense! Fire needs Fuel, and Oxygen, the more O2, the worse it gets, but also the faster it consumes the fuel and then goes out!

13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

As to O2 getting sucked out of a blast area, not quite! Instead, it gets blown out ( along with all other gas's) for a short time!
    Think of dropping a rock in a puddle, the rock smashes the water out of the way, once the energy is expended, the water rushes back to the area it was displaced until it equalizes, same with air!

14. sec_monkey

Nukular

Biological

Chemical

Seepalaces likes this.
  15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, I still haven't purchased a good NBC mask...sigh....I don't want it in the event we get nuked cause I am not too sure I want to be around after that but it would be handy if one ever got gas thrown at them but the good ones aren't cheap. I like the Mira masks, specifically the Mira Safety CM-6M Tactical Gas Mask with a alternative choice being the CM-7M, either one is about $250 not counting filters.

Gas Masks For Sale | CBRN Equipment | MIRA Safety

Ura-Ki, Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If you are unfortunate enough to live in or near a targeted area, then you are DEAD...and you ain't got nothing to worry about. Unless you go to HELL! So, get right with GOD and stay that way! Either Mike doesn't know what he's talking about, or you misunderstood!

Seepalaces likes this.
  17. sec_monkey

.. .. ya aint dead .. .. if yer a safe distance from ground zero ya prob aint gonna die .. ..

.. .. wid da right NBC gear plus oder stuff ya could survive fer quite a while .. ..

Seepalaces likes this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

If you decide to get an SCBA you must understand that if the bottle says 30 minutes most people, especially men can get at most 15 minutes out of it. If you are not trained in their use and are working hard, think 10 minutes. Being a small female, in decent shape and trained in their use and knowing how to skip breathe I can get about 30 minutes from the 30 minute bottle. Dive tanks are similar but also depend on depth. My hubby can suck down at tank in a few minutes at 20 ft where as I can go for much longer. We are basically 2 to 1 for diving together. Diving tanks (besides special mixed gas stuff like nitrox) are just normal atmospheric composition. Medical grade oxygen tanks medically grade “pure O2” and are not hard to come by if you know where to get them online. Try Emergency Medical supply kits. You will be able to get a few smaller ones. Welding supply stores have oxygen tanks for gas welding and cutting but I am not sure I’d try and breathe that due to contaminates. Compressors and oxygen concentrators and stuff like that for breathing applications use a special bio soluble lubricant in their components. Ones for industrial use do not necessarily use a veggie based oil. You don’t want to risk breathing non bio soluble stuff.

Seepalaces, madmax and sec_monkey like this.
  19. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

With any blast involving a flame front, there is an initial inrush of air as the detonation occurs, then the familiar violent outflow when a sufficient amount of O2 has populated the area in enough quantity to support the combustion. Somewhere out on the innerwebs is a nuke test that shows this plainly, with the trees momentarily leaning towards the blast, then being pushed violently in the opposite direction as the air expands from the explosion. If you are in an area that is impacted by this rush of air, your chances of survival is less than zero, even with supplemental oxygen due to the over pressure of the explosion. Remember, the human body cannot hold pressure, it's why we fart and belch so much.

Seepalaces and mysterymet like this.
  20. sec_monkey

.. .. yep .. .. although humans have been ta 35,853 feet underwater [ in a pressurized sub ] .. .. about 80,000 ta 120,000 feet altitude in pressure suits .. .. we been ta space and back .. ..

.. .. pressurized aircraft operate at 15,000 ta 45,000 feet fer pax planes .. .. when dey lose pressurization dey must immediately dive ta below 10,000 feet .. ..

.. .. mil planes go ta 50,000 feet plus plus .. .. widout pressure suits .. .. higher wid pressure suits [ above ] .. ..

.. .. da human body can survive under da right conditions .. .. wid da right stuff n things .. ..

.. .. reel fast pressure changes can cause injury or death .. ..

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    Seepalaces and mysterymet like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7