EOTech Products

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Lancer, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Anyone have experience with the EOTech EXPS3-2 used with the G33 Magnifier? I have an opportunity to purchase the pair @ $550. less than a year old. Inc boxes, paperwork, registration, transferable warranty.

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[winkthumb] @Lancer

methinks EOTech/L3 had to recall their earlier products due to issues

[dunno] if that newer unit has any issues

ochit likes this.
  3. sec_monkey

@Lancer please be extra :cautious: :cautious: there are a lot of fakes on the market

Gator 45/70 and ochit like this.
  4. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Yeah, EOtech had to recall EVERYTHING because of wondering zero issues.

ochit and sec_monkey like this.
  5. Lancer

Thanks all.
    Methinks a call to EOTech with serials in hand will be warranted monday.

Yard Dart, ghrit and sec_monkey like this.
  6. sec_monkey

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Sapper John, ochit and Tully Mars like this.
  7. Lancer

Three photos of just the sight that the seller provided with his advert - looks like the correct logos..

IMG_20180715_131228.

IMG_20180715_131250.

IMG_20180715_131310.

8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

EOTech has been counterfeited more than once, to the extent of castings and stickers. Part of that is the reason for the recalls.

10. sec_monkey

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and Sapper John like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Personally, I wouldn't buy it. I'd go for an Aimpoint if I wanted a red dot, and save for a Trijicon Acog if I wanted a scope type of sight, and maybe even a Primary Arms scope if I wanted to go for more of a DM role.

For $550, you're in the ballpark for all of the above with exception to the Acog.

Yard Dart and sec_monkey like this.
  12. sec_monkey

this one comes with the G33 Magnifier

the 2 combined retail fer around the price of an AGOC

if both are real they are at about half of std retail, roughly

13. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

But Eotech are trash. Says me, but that's just the way I am having handled a few hundred over the years. I seriously doubt Eotech has improved enough to overtake Aimpoint by any margin. An Aimpoint Comp M2 will run you less than 5 Benjies if you can find them.

I bought several off Ebay once years ago, but I also knew when the guys were coming back from deployment and dumping their used sights. Lots of guys run their own, and get new ones after they get home. Of course, that was then, this is now...and if you don't know a scam when you see one, it could hurt the wallet. Nothing better than a bunch of M2's at about $100 each, though!

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  14. Lancer

Ok. Update now that I'm at work and the seller is here as well.
    Both units were purchased from Optics Planet last Sept for use on his cust AR. I have the original order confirmations in hand.
    He sold all the ARs and got into long range bolt action platforms, ie: .308/.338 @ 600yd +. so i can see why he doesn't need it anymore. He's also discounting to co-orkers here...
    I'll be hitting the bank at lunch I think.
    As for the AGOC - I'm waiting for some of my buddies in the IDF to have one fall off the truck. I chat w them pretty much daily so hopefully.......

Brokor and sec_monkey like this.
  15. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I have seen probably a hundred or more of the fake Eotech sights while working in a gunshop, usually after a local gunshow. At first they were easy to spot, but lately it's become harder. As for their wandering zero problem, it was mainly caused by radical temp shifts. Like when a helicopter full of joes flies from a valley to a mountain in Afganistan. I didn't send my sights in for the vollentary recall because I won't be going through those kinds of conditions.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7