Fatigued: Will I die when SHTF?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by SlowBro, Jul 9, 2011.

1. SlowBro

SlowBro Monkey+

Many have given good medical advice but little advice for coping with fatigue that still exists in a SHTF situation. Am I to assume that there's no hope of survival if I am not healed or can you think of a strategy that I might employ while effectively disabled?

In other ways, there's two ways out of this situation: Get better or work around it. Many of you have talked about getting better, how can I work around it if necessary?

2. SlowBro

SlowBro Monkey+

Update: Found out that I have, among other conditions, candidiasis. It's not the only thing I've got going on, but it's the biggest thing. Got a dietician who put me on a low-carb diet and WHOO HOO I'm feeling good most of the time. Like yesterday I wasn't, and today somewhat down, but most of the time am doing well. I've taken this new energy to the gym, where I've lost 35lbs this year (praise the Lord!) and am building a strength platform and clarity of mind upon which to build prepping skills.

My calling is to help those who still need help and I'm convinced that's why I was sick (to commiserate), and am being healed, just in time for the big show.

3. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Thrush, huh? I had a case of whooping cough a few years ago and wound up breaking a rib- from coughing. Who would have thought that all of these medievil diseases could pester us in this modern day and age.

At least now you know and are actively taking steps to end/lessen the effects. Cudos to you, and for your faith!

What type of workout were you using? Strength training, cross fitness, core, punching bag, etc?

4. SlowBro

SlowBro Monkey+

My wife and I also had whooping and the doctor flat-out refused to believe us. This was 2002, when known cases were extremely rare, so I understand him not believing us, but the symptoms matched 110% :-/

I don't know what those types are, LOL. Mostly I just go to the gym and use every piece of equipment. My gym is one of the city's best so there's lots of different equipment to use. I do ten reps on each piece of weightlifting equipment with the heaviest weight, go through three pieces of equipment, then hit the elliptical or ski machine or bicycle for five minutes of the highest cardio I can stand. Rinse and repeat for two hours. So it's very mixed up. Soon I intend on doing a P90X or similar.

The big show is coming. If you're fatigued and reading this, get down on your knees and do business with God. He can rescue you as He is rescuing me, but you must repent of sin and trust in Jesus for salvation to be called a child of God.

"You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7 ESV)

He can also leave you to suffer -- for His glory -- but in His hands you're safer than anything you can do on your own. If you suffer, He will be with you.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you." (Isaiah 43:2 ESV)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7