FEMA Unviels New Mobile Disater Housing

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Snake_Doctor, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

Proudly Crafted By Hand In America! )Deep in the Ozarks by REAL Hillbillies!
    You can sleep, dine and entertain with pride in your FEMA approved mobile housing unit.
    (This project is Obama approved!)

BOV (10).JPG

2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

HA!

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Best of all, it's mobile and go where you want!

LMAO

4. Snake_Doctor

Shhhh V! You'll hurt Obamas feelings. (Now you know where some of that stimulus money went)

Yup kckndrgn. One can roll from one expected disaster to another, collecting those big FEMA relief dollars

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
  5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Too bad the real "relief housing" isn't quite that nice...

VisuTrac likes this.
  6. Snake_Doctor

LMAO! I'm half Cajun. My relatives hated what they got put after Katrina.

7. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

I kinda like the built in garage...[tongue]

8. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Great now we have to pay for gas along with the free place we give them to live. Its all Bush's fault.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Bud has a school bus conversion with a real back porch similar to that one. No tin tub or TV antenna. May as well laugh at FEMA jokes as to cry. Neither does any good.

swampbilly likes this.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I grew up with a family that owned a school bus. It had been.remodeled, with bunk beds, an onboard bathroom, and a pick nick table mounted on the roof. The propane stove and prep table slipped into waiting sockets. It was fun for a weekend camping trip.

11. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Looks like you would have to watch the bridges and overpasses- you may just end up shearing off the attic and leaving the remains and contents all over the road for everyone to pick through. Don't sleep in the attic when moving.

12. Snake_Doctor

Used to know a gun nut who converted a school bus for his hobby, it was full of benches for reloading, small arms maintenence, reloading, resizing, hundreds of bullet moulds and thousands of books, and still needed more room. Livedin the desertand stored his gun powder in an old fridge.

LOL. Very True Gunbunny!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  13. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I have been thinking a school bus might make a good greenhouse with all those windows.

14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

1. If you removed the roof, and let in more light, you might like it better.

15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I think I know those people, The shack was on pontoon's though and Nutria hide's hanging on a cloth's line.

16. Snake_Doctor

One time when I was teachin the kids how to hunt bunnies I found where some people had thrown out their trash (a common occurance in that area) The back frame of a childs playhouse caught my eye. I found the front and the door and tossed them in the truck. They were made from long lathing and feather wieight. Using 8 foot firring strips I connected them, anchored it all down and covered it in opaque 3 mil plastic from the hardware store using staples. Scrap lumber for shelves and the kids had their own little green house they'd been wanting. My total costfor the project was less that 20 bucks. I figure from scratch I could have done it for well under 40.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7