FIL Died A Couple of Hours Ago

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Dec 26, 2014.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Sweetie and I got home a couple of hours ago and we had a message from her brother that they had taken her Dad to the hospital. When she finally managed to get through to someone at the hospital, they gave the phone to her Dad's Doctor. He broke the news to her. After a tearful bit, we let our son know. More tears.

She finally got a call from her brother who told her it was from pneumonia. Her Mom got on the phone and is handling this as best as she can.

We are trying to figure out what our next moves will be. Her parents and brother live 2000 miles away from us in Canada. Her Dad left instructions, which her brother has started reading. He is keeping us informed. Her Dad left verbal instructions a few weeks ago, too, (he was healthy then) which conflict a bit with his written instructions, so we'll try and figure out which one has precedence or if there is a way we can do both.

Please pray for Sweetie, our son, her family and me.

TIA

Kajun & family

William Antrum likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Prayers outbound TX.... My sincerest condolences to the family.

3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Prayers going up for you and yours.
    Hope you get everything sorted out.
    Condolences and best wishes.

4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I am so sorry for your loss. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

5. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

Sorry for your loss

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Condolences, Kajun. Keep us informed of arrangements if it make sense.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Condolences, from AlaskaChick and I, on your loss... Prayers for your Grief, and needs....

8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You have my condolences, and you are in my prayers. I wish there was something that can be said to make it all better, but such is not the case. Please give my best regards to your lady, her brother and her mother.

9. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

we will keep you and yours in our prayers... sends good Mojo your way...

10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Condolences and best wishes!

11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

You have our prayers and condolences bud.

12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Condolences to you and your family.... we will have you in our prayers...may the right actions and words heal your loss!!

13. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

God bless, hope all is well.

14. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Feeling your pain, sending prayers up with the others.

15. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Joining in prayers for you and yours. May God share His peace with all in your time of grief. May this time be one of sharing, healing, growing as the family comes together and may travels be safe. Know that Jesus wept when His friend died. We all miss our friends/loved ones. Through it all there can be that calming peace that they will be in the loving bossum of God's presence.

16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@TXKajun what sad news. As you asked, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during this time. Please know that your monkey family is here for you. Pneumonia is a serious fast moving illness, unsure if things have changed or if I am just more aware now.

17. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thank ya'll so very much, everyone. We are going to drive up to Canada, leaving today. It is right at 2000 miles, so we should be there by Monday at the latest.

Kajun

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Safe travels Kajun.

kellory likes this.
  19. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

You have our prayers and condolences.

20. Moatengator

Moatengator Monkey

Prayers out for you and yours. Be safe in your travels.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7