FIL Died A Couple of Hours Ago

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Prayers out to you and yours!

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Safe trip!! Prayers continue...

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

TX Kajun, I am sorry for the loss of your FIL. Please accept my best wishes to you and your wife's extended family. I trust that you and they alike will find comfort in the remembrance of him, and what he meant to you all when he was alive and vital.

kindest regards from chello.

4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Sorry for your loss, Kajun. We lost Mom, suddenly, back in October, 87 years young. Good reminder to never waste the opportunity to tell someone you love them.
    Prayers for you and yours, hope things work out well for you.

5. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thank you all for your kindness. We are now almost home from our trip up there. Lovely ceremony, but burial of urns will wait until spring when the ground thaws.

The trip up was uneventful. Roads were clear and weather cooperated. The day after we got there, the bottom fell out. Snow, highs around 12 F, more snow, low one morning -8 F. The trip back was horrendous for the first 2 days (we left this past Tuesday). Snow, ice, snow, more ice, strong winds, frozen roads, temps around 0 F. Scary scary. Things got better on Thursday afternoon. Today was good. We are now about 3 hours from home, bedded down in a nice room. We will be home tomorrow.

Tough trip on several levels.

Kajun & Sweetie

Sapper John, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

God speed, and best of luck.

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Safe travels TX...... and prayers for the family.

8. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

safe travels ... our thoughts are with you...

9. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

We made it back to SENM Saturday afternoon after leaving Canada on Tuesday morning. Very scary first 2 days on the road. Ice, snow, wind, more icy roads, Mackinaw Bridge crossed while it was iced over, at about 15 mph, wind blowing like mad. When we got to the other side of it, it had been closed! Just made it. The roads were iced over for the first 3 days, until we got past Indianapolis, then the temps were just cold but not as bad as in Canada....16 F for highs, -8 F for lows. I thought I did good by buying windshield washer fluid antifreeze and spray anti-ice stuff, but it was so cold, the reservoir for the washer fluid froze after adding the antifreeze.....and the antifreeze solution itself froze....as did the spray anti-ice stuff.

We got home, all was well. Thanks for thoughts and prayers.

Kajun & Sweetie

Sapper John, kellory and ghrit like this.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm glad you made it!:eek: take some time to rest up from that and regroup.

11. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

welcome home...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7