Finally hit $4

Discussion in 'Peak Oil' started by scrapman21009, Apr 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

That story came out a while ago and I agree that is what we are seeing right now. I would not be suprised for this to backfire though as the gas prices can only be held down so long before they can no longer use the oil reserves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...m-oil-reserves/2011/06/23/AGhcVKhH_story.html

2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

The "new" Iranian threat to close the Strait, which just hit the airwaves today, will do nothing to help the price of oil futures. Especially considering it is official legislation now, and not just open ended threats. Nearly half of their parliamentary body has signed this legislation and all they need is literally 90 more signatures to pass it. Caveat emptor, estote parati (buyer beware, be prepared).

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Prices here are already beginning to climb again. A few stations that had dropped to $2.87 have jumped back to $2.99 - a 12 cent a gallon jump! It goes down two and three cents at a time, but goes back up much quicker!

4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

That's over a year old...been searching for a couple of days for a recent "excuse" to release the SPR but nothing since April's "Obama may release..." Further checking on the actual level of reserves shows no change since last autumn (2011).

5. Seawolf1090

Well, a week and a half later, prices have climbed to an average of $3.15 a gallon, though Diesel is still $3.59 to $3.69 a gallon. I guess the stock that the kenyan released into supply has been used up, and with Iran rattling it's rusty saber the excuse is ripe for jacking the price up again......

6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Yup...has climbed back above the $3 level here as well in the past couple of days. $3.16 on the way home tonight.

7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

8. Seawolf1090

Friday, 20 July, the price of regular gas is jumping to $3.29. Diesel still at $3.59.

Gas is climbing faster than it dropped, as usual.

9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, after paying 3.65 to fuel up the wife's vehicle last night .. i guess i should have gone and filled mine too. Today it hit 4.09 !!!

WTF? 44 cents overnight? Seriously?

anyone got some insight into the craziness?

10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Price hasn't moved here today.

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

3.499 here the last three weeks. Looks short haul stable.

12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

We are at 3.799 for regular. I have no clue what the issue is. It jumped .20 one week. I heard it is on the rise because it is summer but that makes no sense because with rising fuel costs summer vacations get canceled or scaled back.

13. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

I'm jealous of you guys, $4.79 here.

14. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

Oops, double tap

15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

$5.00 here and it ha ben that all winter....

16. Yard Dart

We are running $3.79 at Costco to $3.99 at Shell...... If you travel to Pierce County to the south, you save 10 to 15 cents per gallon due to the tax......

17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

What I find interesting is that the press is silent on this. Usually you see a report, "Pain at the Pumps". But this year I haven't heard a word. I know the agenda is to get everyone in those little cars that get 35 mpg, that a family of 4 could never comfortably fit in.

I know that they slowly bump the price up about 20 cents then drop it down 15, we are slowly getting trained to accept. I do find that my driving habit have changed, as they raise it up, I scale back. A tank of gas lasts more then a week now because I coordinate all trips.

BTW- isn't it easier to manufacture summer blend then winter?

18. Yard Dart

The liberal press is going to give Obummer a free pass on gas prices. If this was GWB they would be hammering him saying stuff like he don't care about the poor....
    I believe the down time to convert to the summer blend causes a short production drop which simulates a shortage ( reason enough for them to jack the prices right before Memorial Day every year).

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

$ 3.19 9/10ths here...
    I never could understand the 9/10ths part ?

20. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

it goes up in the summer cause that is when the waters offshore are calm and the crews can go out and work .. some one has to pay for that ....

1. Quigley_Sharps
  2. Collapsenik
  3. Collapsenik
  4. scrapman21009
  5. Quigley_Sharps
  6. melbo
    [media]
    Thread by: melbo, Aug 4, 2012, 0 replies, in forum: Peak Oil
  7. Brokor
  8. ghrit
  9. fireplaceguy
  10. lynnie