First Day of My Carnivore Diet

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Blackjack, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Here's the deal. I'm 39 years old and very out of shape as I've been sitting around for the last 7 or so years not doing much. I used to be in fantastic condition. I won my division at Indiana Golden Gloves at 178 pounds (that's 20 years ago next month), and I was involved in mixed martial arts, and on the USAEUR (all-army europe) boxing team (at 165 lbs). So this "large" condition I'm in isn't settling too well.

I'm now 6'3" and 265 lbs. The doctors tell me I'm diabetic, have high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.

So today is the first day of my new diet and excercise routine.

I'm going with an "Atkins esque" carnivore diet. Low carbs/sugars, and a light calisthenics/shadow boxing workout each night followed by a walk around the neighborhood.

For the diet.... here's the basics.
    Keep your net carbs under 20 grams per day.
    Net carbs are Total Carbs in grams minus grams of fiber. Very easy to figure.

I stocked up at the store yesterday in preparation. Here will be the staples of my diet:

1) Kool Aid sweetened with splenda (1 net carb per glass)

2) Eggs (.6 nc each)

3) BACON! (0 carbs, but you have to be careful it's not sugar cured)

4) Sausage (3 carbs in a half pound meal)

5) Cheese: Muenster, Cheddar, Havarti (.3 nc per slice)

6) Ground Beef Patties to go on the cheese :) (0 carbs)

7) Can Spinach (6 carbs)

8) Can Asparagus (8 carbs)

9) Can Mushrooms (2 nc per half can) just to dress up the burgers and eggs.

So this will be my culinary life for a while. If you've ever thought of trying a "carnivore" diet, I'll be keeping track of my progress here so you can see if maybe it's the diet for you.

2. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Good luck on your diet. I was in pretty much the same situation as you -- Type 2 diabetic, overweight, unhealthy. I lost a lot of weight and feel much better.

When I stay with my diet, my craving for carbs (candy, bread, etc) stays very low. If I sneak a piece of candy, then the desire for more goes through the roof. You can almost time it -- 20 minutes afer a "fast" carb, your cravings come on strong.

My Doctor wrote the following book; I've only read parts of it, but it has great information.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=c5...jMDzM&sig=F4mD42YvVgPiraaJU5SgrSkdffM#PPP1,M1

3. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Black Jack heres how to skip the diet all together, just come work for me on my sawmill I guarantee you that you can eat all you want and still lose weight. :) I eat everything WG can put in front of me and I'm still dropping weight like a bad habit. [beer]

OGM

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Maybe consider subsituting Kool-Aid with Splenda (chemical) for H2O. During the day, (In between Coffee and Beer), I drink water only. Water helps purge some of the stuff you are going to be getting rid of. Koolaid and splenda will stress your liver during the process.

I drank a Mountain Dew last weekend at a Mens Retreat and almost threw up as it's been so long.

Just my .02

5. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Yep, I'd have to agree with MELBO and the whole "DRINK WATER CONCEPT!" When I was a lil' girl my mom NEVER let me drink that stuff as it's full of bad stuff/synthetic colorings (which are CARCINOGENS) & etc. Sorry I wasn't going to say anything, but I really felt like I had to.... Especially now that MELBO said it! ;) lol ha,ha,ha Just trying to be POSITIVE/SUPPORTIVE to a fellow MONKEY!

Seriously though, I WISH YOU THE BEST REGARDING YOUR DIET!!!! What I have learned through the years is CONSTANT MOTION/EXCERCISE & that putting HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES into your body alone can make a HUGE difference! ;) Good Luck & don't buy into all of the "DIET STUFF" (as they are all in it to make money) I'm sure that you can do very well on your own just by maintaining yourself properly.

Sincerely,
    Wildernessgal

P.S.- Another outstanding beverage for you would be RAW MILK , from natural pasture raised dairy animals.
    Here's a link which can help you to find some at a farm near you :

http://www.realmilk.com/where.html

P.P.S- More healthful FRESH GREENS instead of canned veggies would be an extra plus/helpful and surely wouldn't hurt! ;) Bye now & have a GREAT day!

6. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Good for you Blackjack !!! (<--In response to your comments about "ORANGE YOLKS" found in healthy pastured chicken eggs ~ unlike the pallid yellow unhealthy storeboughten ones)

It's nice to hear that others notice, as many don't. They think an egg is an egg is an egg... and that just isn't the case. Same goes for other things like milk, meat , veggies and so on.... Food can be "such a touchy subject" 'cause new fangled foods have things in them which are so addictive, and most don't want to give up their addictions 'cause they taste too good ya know!lol It's just that when people are "UNHEALTHY" and complaining about not feeling good... if ya really want to make a difference you have to make "smarter choices" about what you buy/decide to put in your mouth.

There's so much misinformation out there about FOOD, that I completely understand why people are so lost/confused on this subject. When I was born I had a lot of bone problems, and etc... You wouldn't believe how changing my diet these last years has made me feel so much better!!! :) Healthy FATS are good for you... raw milk cream, butter & other dairy products from naturally raised/pastured dairy critters are HEALTHY!!! It's all about "QUALITY" and how the critter is reared... if you have a typical mass produced critter it's raised in such an unnatural environment with chemical dewormers and all of the toxins (from what they feed 'em & etc) will build up in the animal. Also the hormones used to make 'em (commercial livestock) grow faster, do have a very negative effect on people and their health. I believe that's why man is so much sicker than he has ever been , and why girls are getting their monthly at a younger and younger age. All of these issues didn't exist a long time ago, and if people have any common sense they will see it for what it is, and make a change before it's too late.

Congrats to you, for trying to make a change for the better... I ***applaud** YOU!!!! :)

Sincerely,
    Wildernessgal
    (Who's trying to spread the word about what she's learned, in hopes of people getting healthier/feeling better, and having better chances @ survival when T.S.H.T.F...) Bye bye for now...

P.S.- BTW, thanks for the input/response to My Monkey Blog! ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7